RV user with questions

fixer21

Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
Atlanta
I am reluctant to ask DISH questions. Their practices seem a bit on the predatory side.
frown.gif
In our present summer location we have 2 single HD & 1 dual receiver. For the next 6 months I would like to end service for 2 HD receivers and take our dual receiver to FL on the RV. This means changing locals. I can install a new east arc antenna in FL and don't need pro help. I am a 4 month newbe on the $25 promotion and do not wish to be gouged with fees, etc. I would appreciate advice on how to handle this with DISH ? There will be no billing, address, change. We own in both locations and don't have to necessarily mention RV. Thank you ! !
confused.gif

I am reluctant to ask DISH questions. Their practices seem a bit on the predatory side.
frown.gif
In our present summer location we have 2 single HD & 1 dual receiver. For the next 6 months I would like to end service for 2 HD receivers and take our dual receiver to FL on the RV. This means changing locals. I can install a new east arc antenna in FL and don't need pro help. I am a 4 month newbe on the $25 promotion and do not wish to be gouged with fees, etc. I would appreciate advice on how to handle this with DISH ? There will be no billing, address, change. We own in both locations and don't have to necessarily mention RV. Thank you ! !
confused.gif

All you have to do is call for a dish mover. It should not cost you anything. You are going to either have to pay for the 2 HD receivers and leave them at the summer home, or send them back to Dish when you move. Problem is they are going to want to charge you when you want them back next summer.

So you either pay 14 a month for receivers you are not going to use, or pay big when you want them back after you return. If you decide to keep them just tell the installer what the deal is. He will be happy to get paid for installing receivers he does not have to install.

If you decide to install the dish yourself. Just call Dish and tell them you moved. They will switch the locals for you.

Thank you. I own one of the receivers I want to turn off. Sounds like if I returned the other I would have saved $42 which could be applied to buying another one next year.. Make sense ??

Take your receiver and just call Dish that you have a new installation address. We did this recently. We full time and had locals in the area we were at. We moved and simply called and got the install address changed. New local appeared in about 10 minutes. Done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts