Any new customer deals for current customers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

anonymouse99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Greetings!

I have been a 15+ year Dish customer. I moved a few years back, decided to get Dish at the new place after signing up for a 2-year contract.

I have since wrapped up this 2-yr commitment. Is it possible for me as an existing customer to get a new customer deal, especially if I agree to a new contract?

I am also looking to upgrade my 322 dual tuner with an HD receiver for TVs #3, and #4 (I also have a 722 DVR). Does that involve paying more $$?

What are some of the better deals that Dish is offering right now?

No deals for existing customers except for Dish'n It Upgrades which are not as good as they used to be. Yes, you'll likely have to pay quite a few dollars including an installation fee. Several subs have been purchasing 211ks instead and adding an external HDD to get DVRs for additional sets to avoid all of E*'s new fees. They used to give a $10 per month credit for a year for out of contract subs they wanted to keep up until this year. I haven't heard anyone mention this is quite a while so I assume it's likely not being offered any longer. The only way you'll know for sure is to call and inquire what they'll do for you, but don't be shocked when they offer you no deals to keep you as a customer or charge dollars for an upgrade. They've become stingy this year. Last year was a different matter. They were giving stuff away. Why people didn't take advantage then is the mystery.

Thanks Laddyboy - What does a 211K (or is it 222K?) cost these days? Is this something I can purchase, and simply swap out with my 322. Does this involve an activation charge or an additional fee? Thanks! :D

You can buy a ViP211x for about $100. And a monthly fee. But you won't be able to share EHDs between the 211 & 722. For that, you should get a ViP612 or another ViP722. Don't bother with a 222. It'll never be usable with a EHD and you may one day value that.

So you're basically telling me that today Dish offers no dual tuner receiver that has the ability to hook up an external HD and share HDs between it and a 612/722?

612/622 & 722 are all dual tuner DVRs all can share external hard drives. If you are a patient eBay shopper you can find bargins. Seeing you have a 722 your dish is already HD compatible so just replacing the 322 using existing connections shoul have you up and running.

Thanks jerryez, boba! I was hoping to hookup a 211/222 with an external HDD and recording programs that way to avoid DVR fees. Adding a 2nd 722 will tag on more DVR fees to the account.

There is now just the one DVR fee per account, which you are already paying. But there are extra receiver fees, and the ViP722 (after the first receiver) is $17/month, more than for a ViP211.

be aware you can't add a harddrive to the 222
only the 211 can be used with a harddrive as a dvr (with 1 time fee of $40)

Last edited:
One $40.00 fee on your account for external hard drive archiving and one $40.00 fee on your account for dvr support for 211k receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts