RV Winegard AS-2003

donh76

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
I have Dish satellite service at my home and when I travel in my RV I access my satellite service using the Winegard AS-2003 automatic satellite. I installed this unit in 2004 and it has worked flawless until just recently. The unit has a GPS connection that locates the satellite's based on the "Dish TV" switches preset in the unit. Under normal conditions the unit searches for the satellites and maps them in memory. If you change channels between one satellite to the other the dish will move to that satellites position. But now the unit goes through its search mode and appears to find the satellites but either locks on to the wrong satellite, # 77 or just one of the 2 Dish satellites, 110 or 119, not both. I have checked switch but still the same problem. This does not appear to be a Dish TV problem and in talking with Winegard they say that Satellite 77 could be the problem since the system works using triangulation between the 3 satellites and when it sees the 77 it throws the rest off. The satellite 77 came about after the AS-2003 unit was discounted for a newer unit. Since I can't manually locate the correct satellites with this unit their only suggestion is to upgrade to one of their new units, either the the Traveler or the Road Trip. Does anyone have any thoughts on anything else I might try before I spend the money for an upgrade.

Thanks

Don

Satellite 77 issue

I received another response from Winegard Tech and they said the satellite 77 issue would /could happen with both Dish TV and DirectTV. The situation onnly applies to the older automatic satellite systems. It looks like the only fix is to upgrade to a new unit.

Don

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)