?'s about Indianapolis HD locals, etc.

Roxor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Indiana
A tech is coming out this AM with a new dish (I hope) so I can get 129 and then hopefully the Indianapolis HD locals. Will the dish be able to pick up both the old and new satellites at 129? Should I let him/her try to use the 61.5 wing dish to get 129, or do I still need 61.5 for other HD? I have AEP with all the HD channels, whatever they are called now.

A tech is coming out this AM with a new dish (I hope) so I can get 129 and then hopefully the Indianapolis HD locals. Will the dish be able to pick up both the old and new satellites at 129? Should I let him/her try to use the 61.5 wing dish to get 129, or do I still need 61.5 for other HD? I have AEP with all the HD channels, whatever they are called now.
I'm doing the exact same thing, TODAY as well. If you have LOS to 129, I would want a 1000.2 dish and get rid of the second dish. You would have all your normal HD. But, if LOS is tight, you might need to relocate the second dish. You will also get a stronger signal with 129.

I did the same last week, and I have the same package as you. They replaced my two Dish 500s with a single 1000.2 dish. Signal strengths are good from Ciel-2 (around 60), but the HD locals are a bit lower (45-48) since they're still coming from the old and busted E5.

Got the new 1000.2 (the dish has the TurboHD logo on it) and all is well, for now. It was touch and go on getting the 129 signal due to a tree on a neighbor's property, but my signal is around 60 on one of the transponders. When the tree leafs out I could have problems. The techs from corporate Dish did an excellent job. The 61.5 is gone for good. It did take about two hours start to finish.

No NBC HD, but the one tech said it's just a matter of Dish and NBC agreeing on the price, so it could be soon, or it could be awhile before it's switched on, which will take all of a second. Time will tell. Also, no CW HD (Channel 4) as listed on the Dish site. Maybe soon? I am a very happy camper all things considered.

Mine is going up as I type. He said there was no reason why the last installer put up a 61.5. Was your installer's name Keith?

Mine is going up as I type. He said there was no reason why the last installer put up a 61.5. Was your installer's name Keith?
I didn't catch his name when he put up the 61.5 in 2006. He was from Galaxy1, or something like that. He had to call Iowa several times, which he said was the headquarters.

would it be a better setup to get replace one of the dish 500's with a dish 1000 and keep the other 500 for optimum signal strength?

would it be a better setup to get replace one of the dish 500's with a dish 1000 and keep the other 500 for optimum signal strength?
If you do two sats, it makes no sense for one to be a 1000.2. That said, you're better off with a one sat scenario if your LOS will allow.

If you do two sats, it makes no sense for one to be a 1000.2. That said, you're better off with a one sat scenario if your LOS will allow.

Going the one dish route, I would loose 61.5? Do I need 61.5, or is all of its content on 129 as well?

Going the one dish route, I would loose 61.5? Do I need 61.5, or is all of its content on 129 as well?

You should have absolutely no issues with one dish. I did have both about two years ago but went with one as soon as I could (promised the HOA I would remove one as soon as I could having both D* & E* and OTA) and have never had an issue since and I have the "Everything Package" from DISH. Good Luck & Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts