S. Florida Locals WTVJ

jds44

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 24, 2003
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Has any one else lost WTVJ (NBC) channel 6.1? On Thursday or Friday they added a new channel 6.2 with weather information. Ever since that day I cannot get the regular channel 6.1.

I have a friend with a "D" HD box and 6.1 is still transmitting I far as I can tell.

I've had a similiar problem here in Mobile, AL. In June 2004 I couldn't receive 10-1 steady. Dish updated the firmware and the problem moved to 5-1, 5-2. In November 2004 when they updated the firmware the problem went away, at least for me. It may have just moved to another channel, 6?

I still do not have 6.1, but I see WTVJ 31.1 in the guide and am getting a strong signal but after a few minutes I can the message that I have a weak signal.

I was getting 31.1 until the new uprade hit. I was hoping that this would of worked it self out, but it does not look like that is going to happen.

I am now able to get WTVJ. I did a scan for local digital on my 811, and it showed 6.2. I then keyed in 6.2 which took me to the new NBC weather channel. I then pressed either the up channel or down channel (I forget which) button on the remote. This took me to channel 31-1 which is WTVJ. After this 31-1 shows up in my local station list, but it does not list a station ID. I can then key in 031-1 with my remote and go directly to WTVJ. 31 happens to be the frequency asignment for WTVJ.

Retailer Chat TODAY AT NOON!

522 for Regular Customers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts