S104 just came out - HD Streaming perfect!

J

j.vo

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2004
I don't have the watch live button on dish3.sling.com this morning.

S

SolApathy

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 28, 2005
EHD is testing right now. I am transferring a large amount of data (it is re-enabled)

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just looked at mine and I am still on the old software. :(

S

SolApathy

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 28, 2005
Just did a test with new sling player software. Unfortunately it is still incompatible. 2.0 is still working.

tstolze

tstolze

Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
O'fallon, MO
I received mine overnight, I am still waiting to connect my EHD until I see the problems have been resolved.

AKGolf

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
I'm at work so not sure if I have the new software, but the picture on my iPhone looks a lot better. I only have 512 up at home and the picture was always jerky but look good right now.

S

SolApathy

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 28, 2005
S104- Over the Dish site still having streaming issues when I switch to HD. Running around 3k streaming speed over the site... Getting pixelixation randomly both watching recorded & live content. SD streaming is alright... If it didn't take 5 minutes to get to it.

tomcrown1

tomcrown1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2008
San Francisco
Yea it loads up faster. I have never had a problem with the stream in HD or SD. I have noticed that the weather help account now loads faster.:angel: The stream to my IPhone was always good. It does lock up from time to time but that is due to ATT stinking 3G coverage.

S

SolApathy

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 28, 2005
EHD 1st transfer failed with an unknown error... 2nd attempt with limited content is in progress but is lagging the GUI something fierce. Even changing channels is lagged pretty bad.

n0qcu

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
Sling in SD still cuts off the sides of the image

L

lauseefu

Apr 13, 2010
Chicago
EHD 1st transfer failed with an unknown error... 2nd attempt with limited content is in progress but is lagging the GUI something fierce. Even changing channels is lagged pretty bad.

Ugh. That's too bad. This is the only thing keeping me from upgrading, cuz I don't wanna lose my HD recordings on my 622. But I'm constantly running out DVR space now! :mad:

Sorry it didn't work for you, but thanks alot for following up. I'll be monitoring this issue intently, so if you have any future updates, please keep us informed! :cool:

mike123abc

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
I have S104 and one thing I notice is that the guide does not work properly. On lower number channels it works, but if I go to like HBO at 300 it locks up the guide. After the recording frenzy tonight I will try more experiments to see if I can get it to work.

I can enter the guide and see the 3 hour block for HBO, but I cannot navigate around the guide. If I go to a lower channel like syfy at 122 the guide works fine.

djjenkins

djjenkins

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 5, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Sad to see not everyone else is getting the results I am. But across the board S104 is more stable for me and the Sling is working great, even in HD. This was NOT the case with S102. If this means anything, things should only get better with software updates.