S106 XACD UP

mkv apparently isn't supported yet

edit: nm it does

Last edited:

This is a really big deal to me. It will definitely put this box back on my radar. Will someone test the fast forward/rewind functionality on an mkv or h.264 mp4 file?

My fast forward/rewind and skip forward and back don't work very well on mp4's via the Xbox.

The PC app seems to work a lot better. Now I get the full HD aspect ratio with 0% cropping. If you update the app it still says not supported, so you have to stay with the old one. The peak hits about 9mbit.

If you go through the web the HD picture seems to work ok. The peak hits about 5mbit, since my uplink is 2mbit/sec it looks like it makes the connection directly through the LAN.

It is hard to tell which one has a better picture. The app has less resolution, but the higher bandwidth seems to cover some compression artifacts the web based one has. It looks like the web based one is higher resolution, but running at a lower bandwidth even though there is a 1gb/s connection. I suspect it is an MPEG2 vs MPEG4 issue.

It seems to be working a lot better by both methods now. I would like to see the web based one use more bandwidth when available, perhaps it is a limitation of the MPEG4 vs MPEG2 encoder.

The iphone app has not improved. It is still cropped and the PQ is still poor even on the same LAN as the 922. I suspect it does not direct connect to the 922, but goes through the sling/dish servers.

You also get an audio/video glitch every time the remote connects/disconnects on TV1.

Last edited:

How do I stream MKVs? I have MediaLink on my Mac, but when I'm browsing with the 922, I only see AVIs and MPEGs. Do I need to use a transcoder like PS3 Media Server or does the 922 natively handle MKVs?

I can stream the mkv video on the 922 but the audio doesn't work. I am using ps3 media server. If anyone solves this, please post the resolution.

Thanks,

Does anyone have any screen shots of DNLA in action that they could post please? Menu and Video file selection. Folder nav photos?

I converted mkv file to mpeg-ts file using tsMuxerGUI (selected option "ts muxing", no other changes) and I was able to play the file on 922. I left video and audio as it is, no transcoding just changed the container from MKV to mpeg-ts using tsmuxer. :D

Are the timers working any better? I had set "lie to me"
to record, and it just skipped it 3 weeks straight.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What video formats does it support

I have tried to see .mov and .m4p files from the Mac using MediaLink as the DLNA server. Can's see them on the 922. Anyone make this work from a Mac? Also Any reason why the only way you can see your iTunes music is by looking at a list of songs. The playlists show nothing on the 922. Also when you're looking at a list of songs you only get about 50 and it rotates down through the same 50. Won't go on to the next song after the 50. Anyone else having any luck with iTunes from a Mac?

Question

I don't have a media server or anything and my 922 is hooked to the internet via SlingLink. My PC is telling me that a Windows Media Player has been found and the MAC address is the 922. If I allow it to connect would I be able to see pics, videos, etc. from my PC on the 922 without any media server?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just don't know a lot about this sort of thing.

I have tried to see .mov and .m4p files from the Mac using MediaLink as the DLNA server. Can's see them on the 922. Anyone make this work from a Mac? Also Any reason why the only way you can see your iTunes music is by looking at a list of songs. The playlists show nothing on the 922. Also when you're looking at a list of songs you only get about 50 and it rotates down through the same 50. Won't go on to the next song after the 50. Anyone else having any luck with iTunes from a Mac?

Try converting your file to MPEG-TS file as I mentioned in previous post and see if it shows up.

I think 922 only supports MP3 so, are missing files aac files? that could be issue.

I don't have a media server or anything and my 922 is hooked to the internet via SlingLink. My PC is telling me that a Windows Media Player has been found and the MAC address is the 922. If I allow it to connect would I be able to see pics, videos, etc. from my PC on the 922 without any media server?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just don't know a lot about this sort of thing.

Which windows version you have, on windows vista and windows 7 if you are using latest media player then it does have server inbuilt. You have to share the files with library to show up on 922.

For video I am not sure as windows media player it does not have transcoding capability as playon or ps3media server. You might have to convert video to mpeg-ts using txmuer gui and see if that works.

Which windows version you have, on windows vista and windows 7 if you are using latest media player then it does have server inbuilt. You have to share the files with library to show up on 922.

For video I am not sure as windows media player it does not have transcoding capability as playon or ps3media server. You might have to convert video to mpeg-ts using txmuer gui and see if that works.

I'm running Windows XP so I guess I'm SOL.
Thanks for the response though!! :)

Friend,

When you convert to TS do you get 5.1 audio or just 2 channel audio. I keep getting only 2 channel audio. I know the source is DTS.

Thanks,

You can share with Windows Media Player 11 on XP.

Share Your Media

I agree with myron you can share using windows xp and latest media player. Also there are some free servers like TVersity free edition, Nero media home 4(after expiration sharing feature should work), ps3 media server... There are some linux servers also best one I know is media tomb.

PS. I have not tried it but ps3media server should work on MAC as it is written in Java.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)