S106 XACD UP

I haven't been able to get videos to work either. I'm using MediaLink on my Mac. My PS3 can see and play all my videos. The 922 can only see the mpg videos. They show up in the list but when I try to play them it goes to the screen like it is going to play it then chews on it for a while and then back to the list.

I use playon and I am able to play most of the files. Now one thing is playon transcodes all files to "MPEG-PS" (mpeg program stream) at 480P. I have also used ps3mediaserver and I was able to play MKV files by transcoding it to "MPEG-TS" (mpeg transport stream).

What kind of file you are trying to share? If you don't know then following is a really good program to find information about audio/

MediaInfo

Well it still seems to have problems doing recordings. Since the release has come out 3 timers failed. One failed like before where it says it recorded but nothing appears in the DVR list. But, strangely 2 show up in the DVR list but will not play complaining about file problems error 4. One of them I actually saw it recording, but the recording had a file error.

I was watching other DVR events at the time, and when I would go into the DVR menu, the PiP was showing the show and the show was in the DVR list with the red dot. So, there does not appear to be a tuning issue, it did not skip the timer, and it acted like all was working. Just the next day I came to watch the event and it had the "file error" 4. 2 other events were recording at the same time (satellite) this was an OTA.

The 2 other events lost since the software update were satellite events, and should have been solo recordings (i.e. no other timers going off at the time).

So, S107 does not fix basic DVR functionality, but at least 2/3 of the time it will show that it tried but had some sort of file error.

Does anyone know why they won't let us fast forward or rewind mp3 or video streaming from pc?

Is there a way to do this or a server that adds this function?

I also want to play a playlist of music videos and don't want to have to press play after each video ends. I created a playlist, but when I click on it, it just shows all the videos in the file and I have to click on and play each of them seperately.
The mp3's will play one after the other automatically.

Thanks!

There is no way/need to set this up on the media server. It is a function of DLNA Clients. The "Home Media" DLNA client is a work in progress and all of us are waiting for added features to it.

I'm noticing that after playing a file on my external hard drive, when I go back to live TV and try to pause something, after pressing play it always jumps to live TV (regardless of how long I've been paused). Anyone else having this problem/know of a solution?

I'm noticing that after playing a file on my external hard drive, when I go back to live TV and try to pause something, after pressing play it always jumps to live TV (regardless of how long I've been paused). Anyone else having this problem/know of a solution?

Probably another software bug. If you can repeat it, you should let Dish know the exact sequence you go through to get it. Maybe they will fix it faster for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)