S109 is out

lakebum here is what I'm talking about with being unable to add or remove channel from your favorite list. Ok, say you subscribe to HBO and add the channels to a favorite list. Then if you unsubscribe from the channels they will show up as red in your favorite list. However, since you no longer subscribe to them, they won't show up in the menu where you add and remove stations from your favorite list so there's no way to remove them. I've even tried hitting deselect all and it still doesn't work.

I would love to see a fix to this too. The only way I have seen to fix it now is to add the channels back by DISH and then edit my favorites list to delete them , then call and cancel the HBO pack again. So $5.00 to remove the channels from my favorite list.

lakebum here is what I'm talking about with being unable to add or remove channel from your favorite list. Ok, say you subscribe to HBO and add the channels to a favorite list. Then if you unsubscribe from the channels they will show up as red in your favorite list. However, since you no longer subscribe to them, they won't show up in the menu where you add and remove stations from your favorite list so there's no way to remove them. I've even tried hitting deselect all and it still doesn't work.

Ah, I understand. I haven't changed my package so I didn't understand what you were talking about. Have you reported this to Dish?

Same problem here as well. Not sure what the solution is. I don't want to pay $5.00 just to remove a channel.

Possible Bug in S109

New issue since getting the S109 firmware. I put my 922 in Standby last night before bed. The standby screen saver came on but it did not shut off the Optical Audio output. After hitting the power button several more times, taking the unit in and out of standby, the audio never did shut off, so I had to just mute the home theater receiver and go to bed.

marty45714 said:
New issue since getting the S109 firmware. I put my 922 in Standby last night before bed. The standby screen saver came on but it did not shut off the Optical Audio output. After hitting the power button several more times, taking the unit in and out of standby, the audio never did shut off, so I had to just mute the home theater receiver and go to bed.

It's always done that for me, but I listen to the music at night. It'll still update even though audio is playing.

Wow bummer. I wish I had known this from the beginning. Are you saying we can only use 500GB for our NON VOD shows? That would really suck.

Yes. This is how it has been the whole time. You can add larger external drives though.

I called 922 support and they removed the channels and I removed them from my favorites and then they added them back. No charge to do this. And they reported the problem

I noticed since this update that the VIP 922 is leasing 2 ip addresses now. My router shows 2 seperate ip addys for the vip 922's mac. Anyone else?

I called 922 support and they removed the channels and I removed them from my favorites and then they added them back. No charge to do this. And they reported the problem

So did support add the channels back to your account long enough for you to delete them from your favorites list and then take them back off for no charge?

Don't think this has been covered before but under broadband set up in now lists "sync db" and USB wireless as options. Hopefully this helps out anyone that's been running off long ethernet cables or dishs powerline adapters, if it's even active and not just a placeholder

The sling does seem to be much improved on this release. Before 109 with my extremely slow upload speeds it was unwatchable. Now after 109 the quality isn't great on my Android phone, but its surprisingly good for my connection.

Sling seems to work better for me as well. I can watch on my iPhone and the fastest upload speed that I can get where I live is 256 Up. It is not the best quality in the world by far, but it is very watchable on an iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts