S225 came out today

Whiteyguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2011
california
I must have received it this morning didn't. notice it till 6:00pm. don't push this update out, it reset everything on the hopper.

Hope they're getting closer to a public release!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Hopper S225

-Reset resolution guide formats internet connections and unfortunately by the time i figured this out wasn't recording some of my shows so i had to re-enable them. =(

Is it me or is there no rhyme nor reason to these releases? I'm still on S222???
There is rhyme and reason to releases normally, it called spooling. Receivers can receive updates by numeral discretion, not everyone gets updates at once but blocks/many do. These few releases that are being reported are either mistakes, Dish employees, testers or....false. Take your pick....
I find it interesting that there is little information on what these updates are updating.....I suppose it could be a sworn to secrecy thing... :confused:

If you have S222 you have the current consumer release.

A few weeks ago I got S223. A while later it went back to S222. A few days later it was S224. Last week I got S225. As far as I know they are still bug fixing, but I haven't run across any in S225.

If you have S222 you have the current consumer release.

A few weeks ago I got S223. A while later it went back to S222. A few days later it was S224. Last week I got S225. As far as I know they are still bug fixing, but I haven't run across any in S225.
:confused:.....Huh...?

My questions are, so you have these updates, what do they do? What if anything has changed, and why do you get them?
You have to admit you are an anomaly, one out of many who have had this experience. Normally when updates occur the collective is abuzz with critiques and information.

Well the two main things are the recycle bin and Bluetooth from what little I've heard. Plus the "what's hot" thingy that so far points to "paid programming" lol.

Also I've heard there's some evidence of the OTA software in these new versions. Basically my guess is that these new releases are essentially S223 + bug fixes.

I'm assuming not much is being said because not many are getting these updates.

Can't wait to see these new features! I'm just glad that they're making sure the software actually works before the public release (S213 comes to mind...)

sorry guys been real busy. s225 i didnt notice anything new just more of a headache. it was like the hopper was just open had to rest mostly everything.

Think I read somewhere that the new software makes the Hoppers reboot spontaneously a lot. That might be what he's referring to. Maybe he had to reset all settings to get it stable again.

Think I read somewhere that the new software makes the Hoppers reboot spontaneously a lot. That might be what he's referring to. Maybe he had to reset all settings to get it stable again.

Who knows....I find it perplexing that some of the individuals who get these updates early either do not post changes after posting they got it, or they speak in code........:confused:

I've read post of limited spooling, so I'm relatively sure something is going on......:rolleyes: