S9 receiver after factory reset no video

Status
Please reply by conversation.
KE4ST:
That could be the case but if you look at the files sizes of the 3 versions I was given, all are 4,096 or something like that. Any recoding would be a very casual coincidence that ended up like that. But certainly Possible!
Thanks, now l will try again blind Manu navigation with emphasis on waiting 1/2 minute or more in the last step to give the TV receiver more time to adjust.
Thanks
Not sure what you mean by recording, but any recordings you make would not affect the file size of the firmware.
Also they will all be the same size no matter the what is in the firmware or the version. Think of it like a container that is the same size no matter what. That is the file size that the receiver is looking for, for a valid file.

Think of it like a container or jug of milk. You go to the store and you by a container(jug) of milk. The container is full. Then you drink half of that jug of milk. You now only have a half of gallon of milk, but the container is still the same size. Your jug of milk is still the same size jug even though there is less milk. Same way with this file. It will always be compiled and placed in a "container" of the same size.

Did you try the rca video cable yet? I have an s9 and a s10 and both have bad hdmi ports.

Not sure what you mean by recording, but any recordings you make would not affect the file size of the firmware.
Also they will all be the same size no matter the what is in the firmware or the version. Think of it like a container that is the same size no matter what. That is the file size that the receiver is looking for, for a valid file.

Think of it like a container or jug of milk. You go to the store and you by a container(jug) of milk. The container is full. Then you drink half of that jug of milk. You now only have a half of gallon of milk, but the container is still the same size. Your jug of milk is still the same size jug even though there is less milk. Same way with this file. It will always be compiled and placed in a "container" of the same size.
KEY4:
I meant re-coding that is the act of editing a computer program. I am fairly good in that area since I have done programing in C language, Cobol, and a couple more less utilized language. After the changes to the program an any lanuage and processed by a "compilor"

KEY4:
I meant re-coding that is the act of editing a computer program. I am fairly good in that area since I have done programing in C language, Cobol, and a couple more less utilized language. After the changes to the program an any lanuage and processed by a "compilor"

Sorry the reply escaped before I finished, here I continue:
I spelled compiler incorrectly, the correct speling is compiler. When a programmer changes the program is changing the number of character in the source language and most often takes/deletes or adds a bunch of lines. That is called the source code and is fed to a COMPILER which in turn only by a GREAT accident in life will give the same number of bytes for a file.
Same will apply to the abs file if used as "reference parameters" by the executing program.
I apologize if I am offending with this lo g explanation, but that is life in the programing world. Now that said, programmmers could (l never heard of anyone doing this) add bites to make it come as longer than the real program as they want, for example 4,096 bytes. Then later if he needs to change something delete some of the extra superfluous stuff if he has enough of it to delete and still make the total file 4,096 bytes.
I have never heard or know of anyone doing that, but is possibly, not likely.

Funny, As I was reading over your post I am right at this moment writing in C. :)
I have been trying to get two boards to talk to each other over I2C. And just accomplished it. :)
...but no you are not offending me, as I am a C programmer and know how it works.
As far as what Ali is doing I am not exactly sure. I have worked with firmware files for years with different receivers.
I know for the older ones like the S9 and S10 the file has to be exactly 4096 kB. For the newer receivers, they have to be 8192 kB.
I only assume this is some sort of error checking and what ever bytes are left are filled with 255's.

Funny, As I was reading over your post I am right at this moment writing in C. :)
I have been trying to get two boards to talk to each other over I2C. And just accomplished it. :)
...but no you are not offending me, as I am a C programmer and know how it works.
As far as what Ali is doing I am not exactly sure. I have worked with firmware files for years with different receivers.
I know for the older ones like the S9 and S10 the file has to be exactly 4096 kB. For the newer receivers, they have to be 8192 kB.
I only assume this is some sort of error checking and what ever bytes are left are filled with 255's.
Amaking to see that hyou also proficient with C language and amazing to hear the someone makes a file exactly a predestined number of bytes. I never heard that and "assumed " to be useless and a waste of time to say the least. I was wrong once again!
But I am an old timer and the last time l wrote code in C and Cobol was exactly 21 years ago before retirement.
Thanks for the info and your patience.
Just a while ago I came across the Arduino thingy and started to itch to get into microcontroller, but life is limited and have already too many areas of interest : feel like Jack of all trades, master of none.Plus family, friends, people that needs help,etc,etc.
Thanks for your time and support.
Wilson

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)