SA 8300 HD DVR PQ help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pokerguru

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2005
I recently upgraded to the SA 8300 HD DVR through Brighthouse. All of the channels through BH in my area are now digital. I had the SA 3100 HD and the PQ was great. So far, I'm completely disappointed with the picture quality of the 8300.

Since the upgrade, the local channels look blurry, or not as crisp as before. The setup is no different from the 3100 (component). The HD channels are fine, it's just the SD. I'm not sure why there's such a discrepency in PQ from the two boxes.

I've tried various setups going from 4:3 to 16:9, changing resolution to accept 480i on SD, 1080i on HD. I have a 56' Zenith widescreen (16:9) HD ready projection, resolution for the TV (according to manual) is 540 and 1080i.

I've read on SA web site on how to go to a set up wizard by having the TV on, but the box off and press guide and info at the same time. I've tried several times and nothing. I'm not even sure if this will help anyway.

Is this common for the 8300 HD DVR? Any suggestions? I'm considering going back to the 3100 if I can't improve the PQ.

Thanks

dumb question, but how far is your outside cable box from the pole? i was getting alot of picture freezing and piexlation before i had them change the ``home run'' by using a heavier cable. now, not only, is the problem not as bad as before, but most of the time, my hd pq is beautiful.

you may also need to consider having them put an amplifier on your inside line to your television to amplify the signal.

hope these help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts