SA 8300 HDC Video Source Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ya know sometimes I think you just like to argue.

I completely understood you were trying to say. I was telling you that it wont happen and why. Brevard county is just too "small" and really not worth an overbuild. The amount of money required to overbuild a county is extremely expensive.

Sometimes when people answer your questions, there actually telling you the reason "why" things are the way they are, which in turn means, they understood you were saying. I did this in my post.

There "was" a company that "was" doing an overbuild to give competition to BHN. However, in the past 2 months I have not seen anything new being ran.

That statement above should have given you some insight to the fact that someone was actually trying to move in and do something about the monopoly in our area. But lets not forget the big STINK that bhn made about it and made it look like they only wanted to serve the "rich" folks.

This is also another reason "why" this system most likely will not see another company to offer competition in this area for a long time. I personally hope that the other company continues their quest and start rolling the fiber like they were before. However, don't hold your breath.

Not trying to argue...I suffer from being very single-minded, and probably simple-minded as well. I had only one point. My point and only point was that things would be different if there were competition. I don't really care if there are 10,000 reasons why it won't happen or will happen. My single-minded point remains--a simple statement--things would be different if there were competition. I was not addressing what it would take to make that happen, or implementation practicalities or any such. Only that things would be different if there were competition. What it would take to get there is a logical extension of my point, but it is that--an extension.

That is my opinion, and it is so certain to me, I consider it a fact--but it is an opinion. That someone has tried and so far failed doesn't change my opinion in the least. That it might never happen doesn't change my opinion in the least. Anyone is free to hold a different opinion--that we would not have better service and/or lower prices if there were competition.

An absurd analogy:
"Red fences are more photogenic than green ones."
Reply: "yeah, but it is so hard to get red fences. Somebody tried, but it hasn't been built yet."
See?

Ya know sometimes I think you just like to argue.

I completely understood you were trying to say. I was telling you that it wont happen and why. Brevard county is just too "small" and really not worth an overbuild. The amount of money required to overbuild a county is extremely expensive.

Sometimes when people answer your questions, there actually telling you the reason "why" things are the way they are, which in turn means, they understood you were saying. I did this in my post.

There "was" a company that "was" doing an overbuild to give competition to BHN. However, in the past 2 months I have not seen anything new being ran.

That statement above should have given you some insight to the fact that someone was actually trying to move in and do something about the monopoly in our area. But lets not forget the big STINK that bhn made about it and made it look like they only wanted to serve the "rich" folks.

This is also another reason "why" this system most likely will not see another company to offer competition in this area for a long time. I personally hope that the other company continues their quest and start rolling the fiber like they were before. However, don't hold your breath.

Well they did and still do, which is why they got a special exemption that voters passed with flying colors. So they dont have to serve everywhere they can pick and choose. and who do you think they will choose? The area likely to get only the cheap service? or the one likely to get the bundle?

Not trying to argue...I suffer from being very single-minded, and probably simple-minded as well. I had only one point. My point and only point was that things would be different if there were competition. I don't really care if there are 10,000 reasons why it won't happen or will happen. My single-minded point remains--a simple statement--things would be different if there were competition. I was not addressing what it would take to make that happen, or implementation practicalities or any such. Only that things would be different if there were competition. What it would take to get there is a logical extension of my point, but it is that--an extension.

That is my opinion, and it is so certain to me, I consider it a fact--but it is an opinion. That someone has tried and so far failed doesn't change my opinion in the least. That it might never happen doesn't change my opinion in the least. Anyone is free to hold a different opinion--that we would not have better service and/or lower prices if there were competition.

An absurd analogy:
"Red fences are more photogenic than green ones."
Reply: "yeah, but it is so hard to get red fences. Somebody tried, but it hasn't been built yet."
See?

That is your opinion and it very well could be fact. but My opinion is that their is already many options for you to choose from, you just dont like them. Which is fine, I dont like them either and beleive of the choices BHN is best for my needs. Would I like a choice better? Hell ya! But right now there is not one. I do see BHN improving things though which will keep me a happy customer. Specially with the DOCSIS3.0 coming out! Hell even though I get RoadRunner for free, id pay for FIOS internet at this point in time to get the 50mbit. But now that BHN will be offering speeds like this in the not so distant future I at least have that to look forward to. Along with many other new things rolling out this year.. Now if only they dump or fix that dam OCRAP software!@#@!#$!@

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts