Sacramento Area Channel 3 Lost (merged with Sacramento, CA Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Rocklin, CA--near Sacramento
Has anyone else lost KCRA Channel 3 in the Sacramento area? This morning it had only sound, no picture--and now I don't even get sound. The little green satellite is on (2 different STBs), but just a black screen.

I have never gotten 3-2, but the satellite does go red when I try to tune that, and it says it's not getting a signal.

I've contacted the channel, and they are not having technical problems, plus I get sound and picture on two other sets that are not connected to an STB. Any ideas? :confused:

I'm in Sac and yep, 3's down for me too. I'll ask about it on the AVS local reception forum.

You're welcome! Here's a direct link to the Sac area reports. It's a good place to tell if a problem with a channel is widespread.

I sent an email to the engineering dept about it (we'll see if I get a response, I've emailed them about KQCA before (same tower) and it's been ignored). Someone on AVS said they're not getting it either.

Edit -looks like it was region-wide, but KCRA-DT is back up now (as of about 2:40).

Kqca-58

What about Ch 58 ? It seems to be gone too .... I am Folsom, Ca and used to get this till 5 days ago ....

aralam said:
What about Ch 58 ? It seems to be gone too .... I am Folsom, Ca and used to get this till 5 days ago ....
I had 58 earlier this AM (around 7:30, I think) but when I just tried to tune it, first I got the no signal message, tried again, and now have the most incredible pixelization I've ever seen!! Looks like a giant Rubick's Cube (if anyone here is old enough to remember what that was!) ;)

Try Deeann's suggestion of checking AVS forum, if you haven't already. I will check them too.

Vicki

Sounds Like 58 Has Been Hosed for a While

Use Deeann's link to the Sacramento Area forum on AVS from her reply to me in this thread on 7/1 (cause I don't know how to paste that link here myself!). There are threads there since 7/3 regarding problems on 58. :(

Vicki

Ch-58 (WB)

Thanks Vicki .... as of now ... Ch-58 is just a blank screen (I had seen similar symptoms few weeks ago). However, Ch-3 (3-1) is coming without any problems .. but that doesn't mean it will have problems when they switch to HD broadcasts ... :confused:

Ch-58 (WB)

Hi vicki ... thanks for the info ...
Still no go on Ch-58

Will keep checking periodically ... have sent an email to KCRA/KQCA engineering dept .. but I am not keeping my hopes high for a response .. atleast .. have not received one before :)

BTW .... Happy Birthday from one Cancer to another ... :D

Kqca-58

OK .. I just observed more issues with WB on KQCA-58. HD programming is now coming without any issues, but SD is loosing audio. This is more noticable during commercial breaks between HD programs (I was watching re-run of Smallville at 9 PM PST) which are in SD and no audio.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)