Sacramento Area Voomers

Vicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Rocklin, CA--near Sacramento
SactoCal, I posted here so we won't take the previous thread further off topic.

I hope your upgrade is a complete success and you won't need any more antenna research after this...but if you do, you can also look here for other Sacto area folks. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=13716 I think some of them are still active on the forums.

I've got my fingers crossed from you! :yes I'll be interested to hear what you end up with, as I will be scheduling my re-install soon, and am really hoping to get it right the first time! :D

Have you had any problems with rain fade? I have the 18" dish, and am thinking it probably needs to be the larger one with the rainfall we get here, but I cancelled before the rain started last fall, so I'm haven't experienced signal loss or degredation due to rain.

Keep us posted on your progress, and I'll be back on this forum soon asking more questions to try to make sure I get all my ducks in a row before the re-install! :) :D

Vicki

(continuing from the other thread)

I'm checking on AVS about the 40.2 problem. I'm not getting it either (not showing up with a re-scan, but it's still in my original map).

It may have to do with Motorola VOOM STB Program Channel Paradigm Issues . See post #10 for how it could affect 40.2.

Regarding rain fade, I had to upgrade to a 24" dish. That fixed it.

Thanks DeeAnn

I'm set for a 2/22 re-install, but a couldn't get a committment for a dish or antenna upgrade at the get-go, so it'll be back to square one, but hopefully this time I'll have a good installer!! :D

I'll also check the post you referenced to see if it means anything to me at this point in time. I'm also gonna have to go back over all the posts from last summer to figure out how much I still know and what still exists up there on my roof! Sometimes I have to be retrained after coffee breaks! :D

P.S.: Have you noticed there are some new gals posting? Nice to see!

Update- 40.2 is broadcasting right now so I'm wondering if it's the tuner issue (linked above).

I was doing fine with the 18" until the rain started, so you'll probably want to upgrade it as soon as you can if you have any problems.

Yeah- I noticed more gals too! Pretty cool!

I live over by Arco Arena and was able to get upgraded to the 24" dish. I called Voom and explained everytime it rained i lost the signal on the satellite side and out they came. Very pleased with their service. Still vooming and keeping the fingers crossed that something is figured out to keep them solvent and broadcasting. :)

Good to see you Tobar...

Tobar said:
I live over by Arco Arena and was able to get upgraded to the 24" dish. I called Voom and explained everytime it rained i lost the signal on the satellite side and out they came. Very pleased with their service. Still vooming and keeping the fingers crossed that something is figured out to keep them solvent and broadcasting. :)
I've got my fingers crossed too, as well as eyes, legs, and arms!! :D Vicki

Hi Vickyi

Thanks Vicki. It's nice to see you are back too. Hope you are a limber person with everything crossed like you have. We may have to wait awhile before we find out what the final outcome. :(

The Voom experience has been very pleasurable for me. In fact the gang will be over tomorrow for the big game. They saw the playoffs on my system and have been drooling ever since. :)

Let me know when the Super-DMA that they are talking about gets to this area and I will do likewise. Wonder how many Voomers are in this area? :confused:

Wow, ok. Thanks for the information everyone. I have already requested an OTA upgrade and will see if I can also get a Dish upgrade as I also had problems in the recent storms.

Thanks again, I will try update as more occurs.

Hi! Another update on 40.2. It was actually discontinued (see the linked thread to AVS above) even though it still shows up in the guide as an available channel. To get the Spanish audio feed for 40.1, you'll need to select it:

I can't tell right now if this is working or not but it's located under

Voom => System Settings (green button) => "OK" => Audio Language

Select "Spanish", save and return.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)