Sad fate of Jan-Michael Vincent, former star of "Airwolf"

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
During the 1970s, Jan-Michael Vincent was a up-and-coming film star sharing billing with the likes of John Wayne and Charles Bronson. In the 1980s, Vincent also enjoyed television stardom as the leading man on AIRWOLF. After a lifetime of alcohol and drug abuse, however, Vincent's recent years have been pitiable ones.

Used to watch that show all the time...

Everytime I saw a Bell 222 when I used to fly on helicopters back and forth from drilling rig to drilling rig about 7 days a week I'd think about Airwolf.

I recently saw him in his prime, as Byron Henry, in the epic mini-series The Winds of War.

I had heard about how his recent years have fallen upon hard times. Such a shame. I thought he was a good actor.

I am not dogging the man, but why come on TV now, this situation for him is old news, so what is he trying to do now to make this newsworthy; did he get paid to do the interview?

I cant say that the drugs or alcohol had as much to do with his persona on the show as much as the acident from 10 years ago did. Much of how he talked and acted there is how my father talks and acts since he had a double anurism and stroke 20 years ago including the difficulty in moving around though that was during the first 5 years or so. Alcohol was a big part of his life and I cant say anything about drugs though I had heard he was into coke but what I saw on the insider clips was classic brain damage caused by stroke and or anurism wich could have been a result of the acident he had or through the abuse of alcohol and drugs.

If you want to see a rare movie of him look for one called Damnation Alley, some here have heard of it and seen it but for those that havent its a sleeper scifi hit.

He was also in Baby Blue Marine. He was a really good looking guy. He called himself an old man but I don't think he is THAT old. He must be only about 50 or so but he looks older.
I remember the soundtrack from Airwolf ..... wow! stereo! lol

He was also in Baby Blue Marine. He was a really good looking guy. He called himself an old man but I don't think he is THAT old. He must be only about 50 or so but he looks older.
I remember the soundtrack from Airwolf ..... wow! stereo! lol

According to IMDB, Jan-Michael Vincent He is 63 years old. Interesting, in The Winds of War, he was almost 40, when it was filmed, and he successfully played a character in his mid 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.