Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
Hello every body
I have issues with my Sadoun 6 ft dish antenna. The Nuts used to keep the dish firm and set the azimuth through the screws appears damaged (in spanish means: Tuercas Barridas) . When I am trying to screw tight the screws are moving and moving and never stop, and my dish is not firm in azimuth and is bouncing with the wind.
Ideas are welcome to find the any solution. This antenna isn not motorized and is mounting on the ground with 39" pole mast pipe..

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• P1030006.jpg
    P1030006.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 251
Looks like either the threads on the bolts are stripped, or the the threads on the nuts welded to the pole, or both.

If the bolts are stripped and the threads on the nuts aren't too bad, then just get new bolts.

You could tap the threads on the nuts [if you have a tap and die set, or know someone with one] and put new bolts in it, if the threads on the nuts are stripped.

You could grind off the old nuts on the pole and weld new ones on, and use new bolts. [This is what I would do. To tap the threads you'd have to take the mount off of the pole, think it would be easier to just weld new ones on, if you have access to a welder.]

Get it set right so all sats are dead on, then drill a hole all the way through the mount and mounting pole and bolt it with a long bolt and nut (or more than one). From your pics it appears to me that you cross-threaded the present bolts and damaged them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)