Safe TV to go Ku Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
I see that Safe TV is trying to raise money for a Ku band uplink. Sounds like that want to go on three or four different satellites to reach most parts of the world. They are also ceasing to broadcast in UHF in their local area.

Sounds like they got something going with Daystar too.

Is this already being discussed or does anyone know any more?

Shane,

That is great news about SafeTV. I was watching 3ABN earlier and Danny said they we going to be starting up 2 new Channels... "World of Praise" and a SDA Kids Channel, I guess something like SOAC like TBN has.

What do you mean they got something going with Daystar?

From their website: "The FCC has approved
the license transfer of KSBN to the Word of God Fellowship, Inc. "

Word of God Fellowship, Inc. is Daystar.

From an email: "Our programming has not changed at all. It is simply that Daystar has our channel number ‘slot’ on the local cable companies."

So I guess (I am not sure) that means KSBN is no longer the call letters for Safe TV but rather an affiliate of Daystar.

I read the article and I don't see anything about KU other than they are on Sky Angel. Why would they pull the plug on the OTA station?

Soon, the broadcast signal that covers the local area will discontinue -
wonder why they'd sell to Daystar, only to turn their license for that OTA station back to the FCC (probably has to do with digital)

edit: they are DT too so this makes no sense

Their website doesn't mention anything about them wanting to go Ku. They have an anouncement running on their channel asking for donations so they can go Ku. I suspect they should put something on their website sometime in the near future. I believe they said they want to be on AMC-4, Hot Bird and Thaicom-3.

How many transponders do these satellites have that channels, like Safe TV, that are not currently uplinked, can be added?

KU satellites have 36 transponders, but the number of services available on a satellite is dependent on the bandwidth of each service. Many satellites that appear to have very little TV or radio programming are actually full with other services such as data.

AMC4 is quite full.

If the rumor that 3ABN is going to expand is true, is there room for them to do so on AMC4?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)