Sail Along Silv'ry moon

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Lion Sleeps Tonight

I like doing this, I hope you don't mind. I have memories of good times and music brings me much joy. Reliving the days of old makes me feel good.

This is a song that I used to play often on a 45. It sounds really great with a good tweeter, midrange and powerful sub-woofer!

This song has been around for a long, long time. I love it and most others like it, too. I hope you do.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUMwu_gXK7Q&feature=related"]YouTube- The Lion sleeps tonight FULL[/ame]

The video is really cute (kids and I love it). I know it is not original video, but the music is original (The Tokens).

RADAR

No one desrved an award more than this man.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qQhODwivLU"]YouTube- John Wayne winning Best Actor for "True Grit"[/ame]

I get all sentimenal about my heros. This man is the best. Could you imagine him as president? Yes, you may have guessed tht Ronald Reagan is also among my heros and favorite presidents. These guys don't just act out a part, they believe it. They believe in what they do and how they do it and they have "pride" and dignity. They are unlike the actors and politicians of today. These men were MEN!

We, as Americans, regardless whether we are red, black, white or yellow or green, must promote heros like these men if we want to maintain our freedom.

Too many people have given their lives up for us to live in freedom the way we do. Let's not allow some sap bucket moron to take it away from us in a blink of an eye or the stroke of a pen.

RADAR

This man is my other hero.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEGSrc2BIao&feature=channel"]YouTube- James Stewart receiving an Honorary Oscar®[/ame]

I feel so much cofidence in these men. There is no one like them today. I cannot say that about anyone that is in movies or politics today. They ought to be dragged through cactus. We need to get back to reality and quit living these fantasies. These men were wise, much wiser than the folks up in Washigton D.C. today.

What Made You Say THAT?

You should all know by now that i love MUSIC and I like to share it, so here is more of my fav's....

Yes, this is my girfriend, Shania Twain! She belongs to me! :D

youtube.com/watch?v=GMul1ZBdRmc"]YouTube- Shania Twain - What Made You Say That

RADAR

C'Mon Over

My girlfriend, Shania is very talented and pretty, too!

youtube.com/watch?v=VNe2cj03-eA&feature=channel

This should be a theme song for FTA to attract people to come and listen and watch what we do!

:)

RADAR

No One Needs To Know

We have a great little secret here, and "No One Needs to Know" right now..

youtube.com/watch?v=681Y-UQ0LWI&feature=channel

I told you that my girlfriend was nice! :)

RADAR

Sukiyaki

Allow me to go back to the past again to something wonderful...

youtube.com/watch?v=B58ih-YXeNc&feature=related

Music is good, my friends, music is definitely good!

RADAR

My Lost Friend

This thread is my personal trip down memory lane. Maybe some of you will find a memory or two along the way with me.

Right now, listening to Billy Vaughn, I am reminded of my childhood friend. She was not my sweetheart, but she was my best friend while we were in 2nd grade through 6th grade. Jenny was my best friend and we spent many days and nights playing together then.

Her Mom had passed away, but her Father was still alive and he, my Mom and my Dad would get together often at our cabins along the river and reminisce, play cards and have drinks.

Jenny and I would play together at my family's cabin or fish on the banks of the river or go swimming or hiking together. I will forever remember her and our friendship. You simply cannot have firends like this and forget them, not ever. I will remember the night she and I cooked up a batch of locust tree beans on the wood burning stove as we played house.

Of course we knew better not to eat that meal. We were just p[retending. Funny what kids do. I guess I'd do it all over in a heartbeat!

Our neighbor, Joe. Jenny's Dad, had a thing for these party lanterns. Small globes of pastel colors with a 15W lamp within and strung all around his deck at the river cabin. There were enough lamps to see all around, but not too bright.

It was simply beautiful! Calming and warm and fun. Even though we were in Nebraska, we could walk along the sands of the Platte River and we could have sworn that we were on the beaches of Waikiki!

I would give up everything I have, just to go back for one week to spend with Jenny right now. That is how wonderful those days were for me.

Ah, the fond memories. The friends. The way the world was back then.

Anyone care to go back 30 or 40 years with me and relive your memories? I bet they are wonderful, too.

Gordy

I Like Guns!!!

Okay, I am really getting sentimental now... This is a new one, but touches my heart so fondly that you just have to see and listen to this...

youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts