Salem's Lot on TNT-HD 6/20 - 6/21 8pm EST (Part 2 tonight)

wakebrder

Original poster
May 20, 2004
Salem's Lot

The original scared the hell out of me as a nine-year-old, but after watching it recently, the original is laughable at best.:no

Hopefully they can pull this off as it is one of Stephen King's best novels.

Looking forward to this one. I was terrorized by the original also. Like that its in HD...going to turn down the lights and make my kids watch.

The TNT website seems to indicate that they plan on making all HD & upconvert content in 16*9 aspect. Thus, 2.35:1 OAR movies will get zoomed as well as any of the TV series repeats that are showing.

However, I watched a few minutes of a few different shows such as Angel, some cop show & a couple of movies. Even though they may not be officially HD, they looked VERY good. Much better than when compared to TNT SD channel when switching. Overall, still worth the addition.

BTW, I am watching on a Dish 921. I have been following these Voom forums out of interest. I am looking forward to seeign the Voom HD DVR product when it arrives. It could cause me to switch!

It's OK. Kind of jumpy in terms of plot. Got better towards the end. Certainly isn't reducing my Sopranos/Deadwood withdrawl symptoms, though.

I feel asleep on this one a couple of times...but the Hd looked good to me. Very happy with it. Good job TNT!!!

Got much better towards the end, but I think it's silly how they modernized it so far. I agree, the sound was excellent. I was sitting next to one of my side speakers during the cemetary scene and the sudden crow call woke me right up ;)

Really weird. Skynet had my internet down all the while movie about evil was on. Good 2nd part. I was afraid it would have to end abruptly, but it didn't. Do all movies about devils have to have Rolling Stones songs?

TNT's stretch mode

Why are Stephen King movies better as TV movies then as theatrical releases?

Anyone seen "It". That was a good one. The spider looked kinda cheesy, but it was still pretty good.

It also makes me wanna go back and rent the original "Salem's Lot" with David Soul.

TNT's stretch mode is the best i've seen. They really only use it for their commercials, but it's pretty undetectable. It might even be better than my Hitachi's (51S700).

The quality was excellent but there were too many glitches in the PQ. At one point I saw my whole screen completely green and lost audio and video. Then there were the strips of video lost....Anyone experienced the same?

Yeah, it happened a couple of times at one particular point. I think the priest was in the scene. But, I didn't turn the channel to see if it was TNT or the satellite.

Sean Mota said:
The quality was excellent but there were too many glitches in the PQ. At one point I saw my whole screen completely green and lost audio and video. Then there were the strips of video lost....Anyone experienced the same?
yeah I had that once too.

Sean, I saw exactly the same things...

...right down to the one "green screen". Lots of sporatic area pixelation, too.
We were having a storm here, so I did not think too much about it.

Yeah Sean... and a couple of times it looked as if the pixels were bleeding... could be the weather though, it's been cloudy with sky lightning (no bolts) and occassional drizzling... to the south a bit, I think they're getting storms... located in mid-georgia...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)