Sales Tax on DISH Network Satellite Programming in your state

I have two taxes listed on my bill here in Connecticut...

REIMBURSEMENT OF CT GROSS EARNINGS TAX 2.90
STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES/GROSS RECEIPTS) 10.65

No one can tell me what the Reimbursement of CT Gross Earnings Tax means. I have been paying this "Reimbursement" for years now.

Virginia got me on my latest bill $3.x extra for the state.
On a positive note, my cell phone bill went down a whopping 38 cents...and I'm sure those with a landline phone saved a nickle or two. Of course, I can't wait to get socked with the 5% communications tax when I renew my annual VOIP service. It's only a matter of time before they reach into our back pocket and tax every packet.:(

Florida

Direct-to-home satellite is taxed at 10.8 percent plus 2.37 percent gross receipts tax for a total of 13.17 percent. There is no local tax and no residential exemption

http://sun6.dms.state.fl.us/dor/taxes/GT-800011.html

But after looking at my Bill I see I'm only being taxed 12.11% by dish

I think I've read that dish has some kind of base structure set up, what's that all about?

I think I'd "move" my billing address out of FL because of that! :D

I pay a 7.5% sales tax here in Ecscambia County FL. plus a 5% utility tax by the county on Gas, water, garbage, Electricity, telephone, cellphone, cable and Dish Network. Now that sucks.

MA tax is 5%, but we do not have a tax on satellite TV, so you could imagine my amazement when there was tax on my Dishnetwork bill. At least until I realized the tax was for my subscription to Dish Magazine (mags are taxed here 5%). We are taxed 5% on tangeable goods that are not necessities. Food is not taxed, vegetable seeds and plants are not taxed, herb seeds and plants are not taxed. Non-luxury clothing (under $300 dollars per item) is not taxed. Services (except of hospitality and meals) are not taxed. Flowers, flower seeds, flower plants, toilet paper, etc. are taxed.

I live in NY ant have been charged $1.84/month state/local sales tax since early this year. What gives?

I have the Welcome Pack on a month to month deal and pay no tax here in NY. A state senator from Brooklyn wanted to add a 5% tax on satellite earlier this year but it was shot down the last I heard.

I live in NY ant have been charged $1.84/month state/local sales tax since early this year. What gives?

What gives, is you should not ask what gives. You are lucky (and greatly surprised). Here, in IN, we (our account) pay $6.27 .

Illinois doesn't tax sat service, not sure about cable. But they have tried to change the law at least once, but it didn't go anywhere.
?

When I was with Dish, the only sales tax I was charged on was on the $6 DVR fee (now $7) and the $9 primary receiver fee that's included within the package price. This is in Michigan where the sales tax rate is a flat 6%. 6% of $15 equals only $0.90.:)

?Now I'm with Directv where I'm only being $0.72 in Sales tax.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)