HWS transfer limits

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

syphix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
My son was watching a show on our iPad, and deleted it. I didn't think much of it, until I attempted to transfer it to the iPad again. You can only transfer a program ONCE?? I understand the fears of copy protection, but this is overboard.

HBO and Cinemax transfers can only be done once. All other channels don't have this restriction (yet.)

HBO and Cinemax transfers can only be done once. All other channels don't have this restriction (yet.)
Are you sure about that. Any recording I have transferred from any channel only allows once. You are warned when deleting a transferred show that you will not be able to transfer that show again.

My son was watching a show on our iPad, and deleted it. I didn't think much of it, until I attempted to transfer it to the iPad again. You can only transfer a program ONCE?? I understand the fears of copy protection, but this is overboard.

And this is why people try so hard to circumvent such restrictions: because the content owners are PARANOID and people get really ticked off at such restrictions. Head over to some of the TiVo forums regarding Verizon FiOS implementing similar restrictions for TiVo users for some REAL anger about the "overboard" behavior of which you speak. Welcome to the hell of DRM.

Meanwhile, all sorts of free TV, outside of legal agreements, can be enjoyed on YouTube. YouTube has a far more rich library than Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu combined. My point is, there just isn't anything that would even approach the scale of YouTube "Free TV" among cable and sat users, yet, the content folks slam the hammer on us as if we were the pirates uploading all that rich content on video sites. We pay for our TV and just want "fair use" of what we've recorded for personal, private viewing or transfer to our personal devices. Taken as a class, we aren't trying to upload to YouTube. They are hammering the wrong people.

Last edited:
I really stopped using hopper transfers after the first week of "hype" lol.

But I agree, this is a stupid restriction...the app already blocks airplay of the content and it cant be transferred anywhere else! Whats the problem?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I can't wait till the fall for/if a new iPad.

I made the mistake of giving my gen 3 iPad to the wife. I have not seen it since ;)

I travel a lot. I have been downloading my programs accordingly. Having my Hopper configured to automatically prepare for mobile will same be some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)