Salvage of AMC 14 Cast Aside

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If I were Echostar, I would buy the satellite from the insurance company at a bargain basement price, pay Boeing any licensing fees for use of the patent, and be done with it.
This is Echostar you're talking about .... they'd buy the satellite and skip the part about licensing the "process" from Boeing. Then Boeing will sue them ... what's new ?? :D

On a more positive note:
D-11 and D-13 are both scheduled for launch in June with Ciel launching later in the year.

I think you are confused. The Echostar-11 and Echostar-13 aka CMBStar satellites are scheduled for launch this year. The CMBStar is to be used to support the Olympics in China and is suppose to be launched on a Proton but launches have been delayed because of the Proton failure with AMC-14. The Ciel-2 satellite is also scheduled to be launched on a Proton while the Echostar-11 or E-11 satellite is scheduled for launch on a Zenit-3 by SeaLaunch in June/July. In addition, AMC-14 would be used for national programming probably HD as it has no spotbeams. I continue to be amazed by the ignorance of posters on this site.

Sad day for E* Amazing that a company can call something a patent when there isn't anything real being used. If they come up with a plan to fix an orbit, with there scientist, how can they say that is against a patent? If you are planning the how to start a car patent, I am writing a patent for how to take a dump since everyone has to do that. Well, Maybe E* already has that with the way things have been going for them.

This is Echostar you're talking about .... they'd buy the satellite and skip the part about licensing the "process" from Boeing. Then Boeing will sue them ... what's new ?? :D

The article said there was a third company who was going to try the process with boeing and buy the satellite, but the insurance people didnt even know that it was an option untill the third company approached them. Its up to the insurance people now. I wonder if the third company is E*.

That's about the stupidest use of the term "patent" I have ever encountered. What a bunch of morons.

Wasn't AMC-14 to be used mostly for LiL service? If that is the case then LiL service for given areas may be delayed, but National HD channels rollout plans should continue on track (God only knows what Charlie's thinking on this issue is though) I would assume. Someone tell me where I'm going wrong.

No. E-12 is being used for LiL with more markets turned on every week as each uplink center comes online.

Has not NASA been using the sling shot effect for decades? How could it be patented? I think I should run patent geosychronous orbit, I will just word it so the patent office can never figure what I am patenting then sue every satellite owner....

I would have thought that someone at SES and/or their insurance companies would have reviewed the patent(s) in question and figured out if they had a shot of challenging it.

Has not NASA been using the sling shot effect for decades? How could it be patented? I think I should run patent geosychronous orbit, I will just word it so the patent office can never figure what I am patenting then sue every satellite owner....

Not sure about NASA, but I saw it on a couple Star Trek episodes in the 60's! :D

I would have thought that someone at SES and/or their insurance companies would have reviewed the patent(s) in question and figured out if they had a shot of challenging it.

However - as we see with other patent cases - such as Echostar and TiVO, these take years to settle. In the meantime they wouldn't be able to do the maneuver and maybe that alone would in effect cause it to fall back to Earth. They also now al least get their money NOW, and can move on. With a lawsuit, all they would get is uncertainty for an extended period of time.

i'm as confused as everyone else about the patent. :confused:

so what launch do we look forward to next for more hd?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)