Salvage of AMC 14 Cast Aside

You know what, sence boeing holds a patent on how to do something.. does this mean that I can write instructions on how to start a car and sue everyone who owns a car for patent violations.. In a sence this is what boeing is doing.

Great idea. You take care of that one and i'll do one on the internet.....wait.........damn you Al Gore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

If I were Echostar, I would buy the satellite from the insurance company at a bargain basement price, pay Boeing any licensing fees for use of the patent, and be done with it. You would own a satellite good for a few years at a decent price, keep your customers happy too - a win win!

Since the satellite is fully insured for what SES would expect to earn off it for the course of it's life, you would not be able to buy it at a bargain basement price. You would not even be able to buy it for what SES paid for it. SES stands to make much more from just splashing the sat than from trying any kind of rescue.

I would think NASA would have first rights to any lunar slingshot ideas as they did it with Apollo 13 in April of 1970.

The patent for that one would have gone to the contractor managing the engineers who came up with the idea, probably most certainly contractors. I don't have a clue who that contractor was, but I'd put some money on Boeing.

Since the satellite is fully insured for what SES would expect to earn off it for the course of it's life, you would not be able to buy it at a bargain basement price. You would not even be able to buy it for what SES paid for it. SES stands to make much more from just splashing the sat than from trying any kind of rescue.
Not if the satellite is bought from the Insurance Company.
Once the Insurance Company pays the policy it can take ownership, at which time it can do what it wants with the satellite, including selling it to recoup it's costs.

I would think NASA would have first rights to any lunar slingshot ideas as they did it with Apollo 13 in April of 1970.

I don't think that the patent clerks are as good at researching prior art as they used to be.

Or, there aren't enough clerks to handle the load so they don't have as much time per patent to research.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts