Sam Bradford: AP College Player of the Year

Congrats to Sam. He is a great athelete and deserves the reqonition he gets.. With the field this year it was a coin flip between the top 3-4 players... if either one got it, it would of been well deserved.

PS: After Jan 8th though, everyone may wish to change their votes.. Thats ok with me ;)

How would you compare Bradford's season to those of Heupel and Jason White?
Hmmm. I'd say he compares more to Josh Heupel (big surprise, that's his QB coach) but with more size, and better protection. Of course, Heupel went undefeated in his MNC season, but he never had the tools on offense that Bradford does. What he did have was a capable offense and a killer defense, and a marvelous coaching staff. Heupel, as a senior, had maturity, and the knowledge of what he could and couldn't do with the tools he had. I think Bradford is the same, but he's doing it as a red-shirt sophomore.

Jason White had plenty of heart, but was crippled (almost literally) by bad knees. White had Mark Clayton and Joe Jon Finley, and a young Adrian Peterson to help make White a better QB than his physical skills alone.

Hmmm. I'd say he compares more to Josh Heupel (big surprise, that's his QB coach) but with more size, and better protection. Of course, Heupel went undefeated in his MNC season, but he never had the tools on offense that Bradford does. What he did have was a capable offense and a killer defense, and a marvelous coaching staff. Heupel, as a senior, had maturity, and the knowledge of what he could and couldn't do with the tools he had. I think Bradford is the same, but he's doing it as a red-shirt sophomore.

Jason White had plenty of heart, but was crippled (almost literally) by bad knees. White had Mark Clayton and Joe Jon Finley, and a young Adrian Peterson to help make White a better QB than his physical skills alone.
AGREED! Good luck! Spank the gators!:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)