Same Ole Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have the LNB going to the splitter then to the switch then to the Quail. The 4DTV is fed off the switch. The Traxis from the splitter to a different switch . I don't have any problems with either of them.

This doesn't sound right. I'm going to assume you have a dual-pol lnb and that is going into a splitter? Unless I am missing something in your config, you have the lnb feeding a splitter. Then from the splitter you are feeding the Traxis from one port and the switch from the other port. Then you have the Quail and the 4DTV fed by the switch. Unless you have a DC block on the splitter, you may have some weird voltage issues confusing the lnb.

Coming from the commercial world, we have single polarity, single output lnbs and run them through splitters to multiple receivers all the time. But as I understand this FTA stuff, the lnb must feed directly to the switch and you use a dual lnb to give you both polarities. Of course I may have a definition confusion issue, as my interpretation of splitters and switches may be different than yours.

Anyhow, it sounds to me like a configuration problem between your receivers and lnb.

Originally Posted by Diamond Jim
I have the LNB going to the splitter then to the switch then to the Quail. The 4DTV is fed off the switch.

This doesn't sound right.

It doesn't sound right because it isn't. I meant to have said the 4DTV is fed off of the splitter, not the switch. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ice, you are in the ballpark, but you are in the leftfield cheap seats. I will let you know when you get to the boxes behind home plate. :) :) You all should realize that this has to be pretty simple if I am to embarrassed to reveal what it was.

Universal / standard confusion?

Nope. Maybe I am not I am as stupid as I thought. I figure someone would have pegged it by now.

I was told to try different ports on the switch, but no one told me that I had to match the receiver with the port number on the switch that I hooked the LNB to. Once I went put C Band on sat 2 on the switch and went into antanna setup and change it to 2/4 (port 2, 4 way switch) that cured the problem. Duh..........I should have known that. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts