SAME PROGRAMING DIFFERENT DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cave1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Hells waiting room (El Paso,TX)
Both my dad and bro have Am. 250 package, dvr and second reciever. Neither have hd or international prog. My dad has a super dish and bro has a dish 500. Dads zip 79924 (El Paso, TX), bros zip 79735 (Fort Stockton, TX). Both installs were done a few years back around the same time. So why the different dishes?

Both my dad and bro have Am. 250 package, dvr and second reciever. Neither have hd or international prog. My dad has a super dish and bro has a dish 500. Dads zip 79924 (El Paso, TX), bros zip 79735 (Fort Stockton, TX). Both installs were done a few years back around the same time. So why the different dishes?

Chances are good that your Dad's locals are on a different satellite than your brother's locals so there would be a need for a different dish just a guess.:confused:;)

To find out click on "The List!" at the top of this page and you can search the different satellites.:)

both dishes see 110 and 119. The superdish also got either 121 or 105, neither of which are required for locals now, but were in your dad's local market at the time it was installed.

At install time both had locals available and were activated. The super dish has the third lnb to the right of the twin lnb (standing in front of dish). How ever my dad had the AT&T, E* bundle and bro had a E* only install.

At one time El Paso locals required a Superdish (105 IIRC)....this is long before Echo 11 at 110W and their massive spotbeams. Once they put Echo 11 up all the locals on SD were moved off off 105 & 121.

Ft Stockton is in Odessa DMA and they were probably on 110 to begin with...checking old info El Paso was uplinked in 04 on 105 and Odessa 06 on 110

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts