Samsung 360 and connections

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kpr711

Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
I currently have samsung box connected to tv (sony kp46ws510) via DVI, xbox connected to Samsung, via component. Thinking is that samsung box allows for resolution to be set to native, 480p/i, or 1080i, (I have mine set to 1080i). My question is, is the samsung box upconverting the xbox games to 1080 as well as dvd videos?
Thank you in advance, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I moved the DVD player connections on my Bose Lifestyle 35 to to the inputs on the Sammy and it made a heluva difference! The Bose by itself didn't look half as good as it does running through the upconvert circuits on the Samsung. Considering the bugs that all of us 360 owners have to deal with, the upconvert is a breath of fresh air!

cr0mag said:
Considering the bugs that all of us 360 owners have to deal with, the upconvert is a breath of fresh air!
What bugs?!? I've had a 360 for 6 months with no problems. Am I missing something?

Over the past year, there have been numerous posts by 360 owners experiencing loss of audio and system lock-up (the grey screen of death, I call it). Oddly enough I haven't had any probs in the past 2 or three months myself, but I did have my share of lock-up issues and audio dropouts.
If you havnen't had any problems, you are one lucky 360 owner! Wanna buy me a lotto ticket?

One works well and the other......

I have 2 SIR-TS360 boxes with one working perfectly and the other really giving me problems, mostly with the PG. The 2nd one seems to have a problem with updating. After a few days, the PG will only show about 24 hours of programming. If I do a hard reset of the box, it will update fully but the PG will eventually lose future dates.

The last time it received updated software was back in Oct 2004. Is this the lastest software?

I keep hearing about all these problems with the 360, but I have had my for about 10 months now with no problems. Loss of audio and lock-ups may not be from the box, but from other problems. All my audio losses are due to OTA signal loss from the stations. Just my experince with the 360.

Status
Please reply by conversation.