samsung 360 or RCA 210

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tandreu

Original poster
Oct 23, 2004
Is there really a difference between these two recvrs? It seems like all I read is how bad each one of these recvrs are. I want to go HD but it looks like all I read about these two recvrs are negative. I'm a current D*tv subscriber. Checked w/ value electonics can get recvr for 315 and addt'l 50 for install. Called D*tv and got offered recvr and install for $270 but could not tell me what recvr. Value electonics is the RCA. Confused?? Any advice would be appreciated.

You should probably frame this response (because I'm known to not like RCA all that much) - but it's the 210 hands down. There's a nasty 720p bug impacting the 360 right now, and the 210 appears to be the strategic HD box going forward for D*.

Also - D* is within their rights to give you a refurbed 360. Caveat emptor.

Honestly, I think they are both junk. The samsung has a problem showing 720p material and the rca has a line that runs through the picture. I have had each of these, then had them replaced, then just went with the hd tivo because I could not stand all the problems with these.

The 360 does not have a problem showing all 720p content. I have this box and the problems it has with 720p is the 2 channels from DirecTV that are 720p ESPN-HD and FOXHD-NY. I don't get ABC, so not sure about that one. The problems are picture stutter when not showing HD on ESPN and FOX and audio sync issues on FOX.

MY OTA's of ABC and FOX are just fine - no problems whatsoever.

This should be in the HD Forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts