Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Note 3

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My wife finally replaced her aging iPhone 4S with a Droid Maxx and it got me thinking about my upgrade possibilities.

We are on Verizon and even though I upgraded in July the Verizon they told me I'm eligible under the edge plan to upgrade now.

I have a Galaxy S4. I like the Droid line but they don't make a large phone like the note and I've been looking at a larger screen sized phone.

Would the Note 3 be worth it over the S4?

Ive not had the S4, but on android, once you have the larger screen of the Note, its going to be hard for much else to compare to it. Personally, staying with android, Id go with the Note 3.

I side with my twin brother above ^^^
Note 3 all the way, you won't regret it.....

I have had the Note1, 2 and now 3. I had the S4 on Verizon before dropping them for bad call coverage and slow data. In my four months with the S4 you will definitely not regret getting a Note 3.

Even with a 5.7" screen it does seem that much bigger to me vs the S4. The value ad for me is the S Pen. Also battery life in the Note 3 rocks while the S4 dies quickly. USB 3.0 comes in handy for moving files on and off the phone on the Note 3. Spec wise you get 3GB of Ram and 32GB storage vs 2GB Ram and 16GB storage. Believe you will notice the performance difference.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I love my Note 3. I had the S3 before and I won't be going smaller anytime soon.

I'm hoping to go pick mine up at lunch today. :D All I'm out cost wise is the first installment and taxes on the Edge plan. Love the fact that I'll be able to upgrade in a year.

Is there an easy way to backup EVERYTHING on my S4 and restore it to my Note 3 with no issues? I'm talking pictures (which I think I set it to where the camera uses the SD card), text, apps, screens, etc?

Yeah, I'm loving mine (KitKat Sprint). BIG difference on the responsiveness vs. the SIII (for me).

Although I think I had some CPU hog on the system process on the SIII.

Still waiting for Verizon to send out the 4.4 update for the Note 3. I do miss the assistive light 2x1 widget I had. I see the 1x1 but its not the same.

My wife still has the Note II and she would never go back to a smaller phone. She is looking at the Note III.

My wife fell in love with the Note 3, and that's part of why I went with it as I liked hers.

Both came from SIII's.

So far so good.

Verizon had a pretty good deal going too. They are promoting ISIS which I was told the big 4 carriers are pushing, and by signing up I got $40 free to use anywhere that accepts a digital wallet scan. I don't plan on using it but I thought it was pretty cool, and it paid for my Otterbox case and screen protector.

It's odd, but the past couple of days my S4 seemed too small. The Note 3 fits just right.

Last edited:
I can fit the S4 in my pocket, if I got the Note, I don't think that would be possible.

When I see my friend with her iPhone, it always looks tiny compared to my S4, now if I was going to a Note, I think I would just go to a 7" tablet instead.

My biggest question about the note is how can you make a phone call on it with it being so big? It seems like a Bluetooth is needed? I've seen it in stores and it did look cool.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts