Status
Not open for further replies.

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
PR disaster in the making...
Samsung installs keylogger on its laptop computers
While setting up a new Samsung computer laptop with model number R525 in early February 2011...I installed licensed commercial security software and then ran a full system scan before installing any other software. The scan found two instances of a commercial keylogger called StarLogger installed on the brand new laptop. Files associated with the keylogger were found in a c:\windows\SL directory.
This key logger is completely undetectable and starts up whenever your computer starts up.
See everything being typed: emails, messages, documents, web pages, usernames, passwords, and more.

Diogen.

Amazing how history repeats itself. This could be a major PR and Legal disaster for Samsung...depending on their response, the scale of the keylogger distribution, and the privacy impact on Samsung's unsuspecting customers.

Also, I just wanted to say "bravo zulu" to my cohort Mohamed and Dr. Kabay for bringing this matter to our attention. For anyone looking to develop or enhance their career in CyberSecurity (with a management twist), I highly recommend the Norwich MSIA program: Norwich University Master of Science in Information Assurance Online Masters Degree Program

"This key logger is completely undetectable and starts up whenever your computer starts up. See everything being typed: emails, messages, documents, web pages, usernames, passwords, and more."

I was shocked when I saw the news on the internet from their official speaker, what do they want to do?

"This key logger is completely undetectable and starts up whenever your computer starts up. See everything being typed: emails, messages, documents, web pages, usernames, passwords, and more."

I was shocked when I saw the news on the internet from their official speaker, what do they want to do?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

You are aware that this story is over a year old and has been proven false aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)