samsung led dlp tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

txhockey

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
I have been looking at buying a samsung led dlp tv HL67A750 and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on them. It is the new version without a lamp or color wheel. I know that you can not mount dlp tv's on a wall but the price of the 67" tv was less than $2000, which is less than half the cost of the same size lcd or plasma. Thanks for any advice.

I have the 61" version of that. I wouldn't call it the "new" version. The LED TV has been around for couple of years. I really like it! Great picture! The sports action is very smooth and clear! The only real minus that I have, and it's not really that big of a minus, is that it takes about a second for the picture to come on when you first power it on.

How long have you had that tv? The only other real question i had about it was the viewing angle, the tv would be going in my living room so it is important to be able to see the tv from the front and sides.

Mitsubishi is introducing a "Laservue" TV, which is a DLP TV which uses a laser instead of LED or other backlighting. It is more expensive than LED, but this new technology is generally considered the best available technology in HDTV.

The laser may have the LED's advantage of long life, but since it is so new, we can't be sure.

If you don't intend on mounting your TV on the wall, the DLP (LED or Laser) is an intelligent choice.

I have the 67 Samsung LED DLP and its a great television. I didn't want to mount tv on the wall because if I rearrange the room then I got a place on my wall from the mounting bracket. Also the tv is only 67 lbs and very easy to move.

Mitsubishi is introducing a "Laservue" TV, which is a DLP TV which uses a laser instead of LED or other backlighting. It is more expensive than LED, but this new technology is generally considered the best available technology in HDTV.

The laser may have the LED's advantage of long life, but since it is so new, we can't be sure.

If you don't intend on mounting your TV on the wall, the DLP (LED or Laser) is an intelligent choice.

The LASERVUE is having its problems and I believe it is suspending sales of the recently released 65 inch( which costs a ridiculous 7K) until Mar 09. The 73 inch is now pushed back until fall 09, if ever.

I have the 67 Samsung LED DLP and its a great television. I didn't want to mount tv on the wall because if I rearrange the room then I got a place on my wall from the mounting bracket. Also the tv is only 67 lbs and very easy to move.

Bump that weight up to 86.7 pounds. The smaller 61 inch weights in at 71.2. Have had my Samsung HL67A750 for one week and can say this 1080P set is fantastic with HD and on some SD better than previous set. At more than half the cost of anything else this size it is a real bargain. If you register your set "On-Line" Samsung adds 3 months to it's one year full warranty. I don't expect to use it but also added a MACK 5 year extended warranty (4 year total) just in case. If Samsung drops this set in the future, I don't care since I got mine and really very pleased with it. By-the-way it is only 16.6 inches deep.

The laser television being so much more expensive and just being released with probably bugs, it would not be a good decision to buy one until they come out with at least a second version of the tv set and at lower prices when they are able to compete with most of the tv sets on the market.

What is the viewing angles on the tv the 67 inch model......

According to Samsung they are 70 degrees off of center (140 total) from the side and 30 degrees up and down (60 degrees total) off center at 8 feet. Seems to be a big deal to some but I can stand up on the second row seating and look down on the set or look from the adjacent dinning room into and view with no issues at all. In your home and properly set up I doubt that you will have any issues at all viewing, however many report that in store displays of this set do not usually look good.

I am very pleased and recommend the purchase of this 67 RP inch set now, while it is still available at such a low price.

I have the samsung HLS5087w. not a led DLP but it's worked great for me for 3 years now. the lamp issue is a pain but they are down to $87 so I'm looking at $87 a year or a year and a half. I love the DLP's more than the other models because of the deep rich blacks you get in the picture. Some of the newer LCD models are coming up with ways to help this but I'm sticking wih my DLP for as long as possible.

How much is the LED replacement in the LED DLP's?

Why should I get a 750 LED series over the 650 bulb series?

* The 750 comes in bigger sizes, 61" and 67".
* The 750 has an LED light source that should last the life of the set. No bulbs to replace.
* The 750 uses the CinemaPure Color Engine that creates brilliant, realistic images and displays color that’s 40% brighter than traditional HDTVs. (Note that most sources don't take advantage of this extra color space. Some Camcorders do support it.)
* Nearly instant startup times, with instant brightness no need for the bulb or ballast to warm up.
* No spinning color wheel, so quieter TV (color wheels spin fast and can sometimes have a high pitch whine), and less moving parts
* Much, much less chance of seeing rainbows as the LED's cycle much faster than the color wheel.
* "Green" TV. The LED set uses much less power than bulb based sets and has one of the lowest energy consumption of TV's. Note that actual energy usage is less than the max rated watts listed on the TV.

When I was looking for a new set, looking at the Mits DLP with lamp and Samsung LED/DLP I thought the old Mits had a better picture and viewing angles.

Just saw the 67 inch set a Circuit City today and the picture did not look that great...I know some have said the same but I checked some of the settings and the contrast was at 100 and the brightness at 45 and the picture looked dark.....any thoughts?....

Just saw the 67 inch set a Circuit City today and the picture did not look that great...I know some have said the same but I checked some of the settings and the contrast was at 100 and the brightness at 45 and the picture looked dark.....any thoughts?....

Sure! If you read this long, long discussion I don't remember anyone ever saying they bought this set due to the "In-store" picture. Not one, but they are "Blown Away" when they buy one (Wife & I are in that Group) and view the picture inside their home. Hard to tell what any store has set their display or how it is obtained. To me dark would be the Movie setting. Most B & M have florescence lighting that are not in your average home. Just look at all the positive reviews here, and buy it. You will be very pleased if you do. If not someone else will be glad you made that mistake and they will buy it. Plain and simple, buyers report the truth here. Very few here have had to even use the 15 month Factory Warranty (if registered on-line). I'm sure CC has some return or exchange policy, but I would want a new unit not their Demo, anyway. Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts