Samsung problems with Netflix

Bruno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
My Samsung will not load up Netflix but amazon and others work OK. Tried all the rebooting and resets without any luck. Netflix starts then goes to black screen.

What would you recomend buy Roku or Fire stick... or is there soomething better?

Thanks in advanced for your help.
Bruno

My Samsung will not load up Netflix but amazon and others work OK. Tried all the rebooting and resets without any luck. Netflix starts then goes to black screen.

What would you recomend buy Roku or Fire stick... or is there soomething better?

Thanks in advanced for your help.
Bruno
How old is the TV, Samsung ( and LG) apps quit getting updated on older sets, usually 3 years old and older.

Yes its an older (6 years old) and NO new updates
…..and you have your answer, time to buy a Roku ( actually recommend a Shield, but a lot more expensive, does a great job up-converting HD to fake 4K).

Reactions: Howard Simmons
If all you need is Netflix, Roku is a fine choice. If you want to use it for other things, be prepared to deal with periodic contract disputes a la cable and satellite companies.

Here's a similar story. Amazon Prime sent out a list of Rokus it will stop supporting (upgrading):

Dear Customer,

Amazon will no longer be supporting the Prime Video app on your Roku device (The specific models no longer supported are: 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X) as of 1st November, 2021. We are continually upgrading our service and this occasionally means we can no longer support certain device models.

To help you to continue streaming your favorite content, customers may purchase a new Roku device at a discount. Log in with your Roku account to see the offer: Roku.

A complete list of compatible devices where you can continue to watch Prime Video can be found here: Prime Video: Help.

Thanks for watching with us.

Sincerely,

Prime Video
www.amazon.com

I have a couple of older (5-6 yrs.) sticks I no longer use that are on that list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts