Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Over the holiday weekend I was given my Christmas gift of a Samsung 55HU8550 4K Television. I mounted it on the wall in my bedroom and moved my Panasonic Plasma down in to the living room.

Now in my bedroom I have 2 Samsung TV's. The new 4K TV and a smaller 40 inch TV I got earlier in the year. This one I use for testing, FTA and testing streamer boxes.

The problem I am having is every time I turn on the new 4K TV in my bedroom the other Samsung TV in my room turns on as well.

Now the Samsung came with a RF remote at well, so I just figured I would use that, however when I hit the power button it turns on (or off) ALL the Samsung TV's in the entire house. (We have a total of 4 Samsung TV's in the house)

Anyone know how I can get around from this happening?

I will have to double-check, but i could have sworn I saw a "Remote ID" option on my HU8550.

Nothing I have found regarding "Remote ID" in my menus.

I find it wild that the UHF Remote controls ALL the TV's in the house when none of them except the new one comes with a UHF remote.

Found this as a workaround:

I have 2 LG tvs next to each other, and I used pieces of transparent sheet of plastic with polarizer on the tv IR receiver AND the remote. if you just put the sheets on the receiver, it won't work. The trick here is that when both sheets are in the same space (both vertical or both horizontal) the signal will get through, if they are not (i.e. one vertical and the other horizontal) light (or IR wave) won't pass, ergo, it won't get to one of the devices. you have to put one of the tv polarizer sheets rotated 90 degrees (or one vertical and one horizontal), that way, when you tilt your remote (pointing the tv, but rotated 90 degrees), it will control one tv, and in normal position (pointing the tv and rotated 0 degrees) it will control the other TV. of course, this works if you have nothing between the remote and the tv; if you have a repeater, I don't know what will happen, but I think it won't work (except of course if you do the same thing of putting the plastic sheet in the repeater). You can find plastic sheets from cell phone screens, old calculators, clocks, etc. If this thing doesn't work, it means that your polarizer is not good, and you need to find another one. Hope I had helped a tiny bit :)

Is there a Smart App you can download for your phone or tablet? The app for the Sony I just got supports multiple sets (they do need to be on the same LAN) but I have just the one Sony set right now.

Over the holiday weekend I was given my Christmas gift of a Samsung 55HU8550 4K Television. I mounted it on the wall in my bedroom and moved my Panasonic Plasma down in to the living room.

Now in my bedroom I have 2 Samsung TV's. The new 4K TV and a smaller 40 inch TV I got earlier in the year. This one I use for testing, FTA and testing streamer boxes.

The problem I am having is every time I turn on the new 4K TV in my bedroom the other Samsung TV in my room turns on as well.

Now the Samsung came with a RF remote at well, so I just figured I would use that, however when I hit the power button it turns on (or off) ALL the Samsung TV's in the entire house. (We have a total of 4 Samsung TV's in the house)

Anyone know how I can get around from this happening?

Go into all your Samsung tv settings. Systems and make sure Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) is off. That will turn off any relay to other tvs.

I have two Samsungs in my bedroom too, one is the security monitor, I'm pretty good at using my other hand to direct the IR signal to the proper TV.

I have two Samsungs in my bedroom too, one is the security monitor, I'm pretty good at using my other hand to direct the IR signal to the proper TV.

Tried that. I guess the IR bounces off the walls.

What I did was put electrical tape over remote sensor of the other TV in my room. If I want to watch that one I just turn it on by hand.

hi Scott. SWEET!. Not sure about your remote problem. Lets get you scheduled in for a tweeking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts