Samsung Sir-S4040R, Power Problem..HELP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mplscopper

Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
I have a Samsung Sir-S4040R that is about 5 yrs old. I upgraded the hard drive to 200 hrs about 3 yrs ago. It will not power up! The "power light" on front of unit will not light up, but the fan turns on, so there is power to te unit.

Anyone know what the problem is? If so is there a fix?

If no fix available can I just buy a new or used Samsung Sir-S4040R and switch my upgraded hard drive into it? Also could I just use my old access card in a different Samsung Sir-S4040R unit.

Thanks in advance

Technically no you cannot switch your access card to another receiver, but you may find a CSR in the access card dept. that will marry your old card to the new receiver. I would suggest that instead of replacing your Samsung look for a used HR10-250 TiVo receiver. They are going between $50 & 100 on eBay and already have a 250 gig HD and a High Definition ATSC tuner built in.

Another recommendation would be to upgrade to the HR2x series DVR which will allow you to watch all of the HD channels (assuming you subscribe).

Given you probably are wanting to keep TIVO, you may do well with boba's suggestion until they release the new HD TIVO next year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)