Samsung SIR TS360 System Test

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Crafter Guy

Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
I'm trying to narrow down a problem I'm having with a new HD installation.

Samsung SIR TS360 receiver
D* with HD programming
Triple LNB oval dish from BestBuy (Phillips I think)
100' cable run from dish to receiver

The problem: I get a signal from satellites A and B and am receiving HD programming (but not all HD channels). I get no signal (0%) from satellite C. The TS360 system test returns a "LNB Output Fail". My question is, does the dish pointing have to right on in order for the system test to return a "LNB Output OK"? BTW, I have changed out the LNBs and that didn't help, so it’s unlikely the LNBs are the problem.

It seems to me that the system test should return a "LNB Output OK" if the dish is properly connected to the receiver even if the dish is lying on the ground (i.e., testing the continuity of LNB-cable-receiver circuit) so that during setup you'd know that if you have a 0% signal strength from the satellites that at least your connections are good and the LNBs are good, but you just haven't found the satellites yet. You then have the signal strength meters to help you find the satellites. If the system test needs to see all three satellites in order to work, I guess I have to move my dish :(

Any insight is appreciated.

I was able to answer my own question (after relocating the dish). In case anyone else has this same issue come up… yes, the dish pointing must be precise and signals received from all three satellites in order for the system test on the Samsung receiver to return a “LNB Output OK” message.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)