Samsung supports modders

Samsung hires CyanogenMod founder Steve Kondik...
I think that is good news.
Samsung most likely will be the world biggest smartphone maker in 6-12 months.
It would be hard for other manufacturers to keep locking their phones' bootloaders if Samsung and HTC don't...

And CM7 is a really polished piece of software.
Running it on a Nook Color - the configurability is really amazing...

Diogen.

Diogen

In my experience cyanogen is better than any carrier rom. The one possible exception being the nexus phones which are pure google experience phones without the skins that the manufacturers are enthralled with.

Significant move.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Cyanogen gets updated quite frequently. What do you call "awhile" ? You may need to point fingers at the ROM developer(s) for your particular phone. CM can be updated but doesn't mean every phone will see automatic updates on the custom ROM side.

The only issue I have is the Cyanogen software hasnt been update in awhile. I am looking forward to the next update!

There are nightly builds on most platforms.

If you mean an rc or stable release, that's true. However that just means no big changes.

It'll be interesting to see how CM fares with Steve Ks new position. If I were one of Samsung's competitors I'd be at least a little nervous. He's one of the most talented developers in the modder community.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Of the big phone players, I suspect Motorola will be the last...

Back to the article, and I didn't follow the links outside of it, it says Sony doesn't condone unlocking the bootloader, they'll help you do it !

You want to have your cake and eat it too, eh? :)

HTC does the same.

If you decide what gets flashed, they have the right to wash their hands if you screw up. Have to give them that...

Diogen.

You want to have your cake and eat it too, eh? :)

HTC does the same.

If you decide what gets flashed, they have the right to wash their hands if you screw up. Have to give them that...

Diogen.

Depends on what they are refusing to support. Hardware failures should still be supported. I consider this to be the same as throwing your own OS on the machine, i.e. I can install any version of RedHat / CentOS / FreeBSD / OpenBSD / Solaris etc I want. The hardware manufacturer's hardware is still supported. It should be the same for a phone. I'm not saying it is, I'm saying it should be that way.