San Francisco DX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I broke a record last evening for most distant station received at my home in San Francisco. At 10:10 pm I received KSBY 6 - RF 15, a San Luis Obispo station that's 193 miles south south east from here! Prior to this KNVN 24, also RF 24, transmitting from the bluffs east of Red Bluff was my most distant station at 175 miles.

Now a lot of you might not be impressed by 193 mile reception, but for the West Coast that's a major achievement. We don't get skip out here and have to wait for tropo activity, which is rare.

The reception was with my Winegard 8200U antenna to my HD Home Run receiver.

Larry

KSBY-8-30-19.jpg

Nice catch, that is very impressive! Back when I was TV DXing in the 60s and 70s I never received a UHF station at that kind of distance.

I lived in the Oakland hills and had 10 element single channel yagis for channels 2, 6, 8, and 12, and a 7 ft dish for UHF (a Finco if I remember right). KSBY 6 was pretty solid all the time. Or I could swing the antenna toward Sacramento and get KVIE.

KSBY 6 - March 72.jpg

Reactions: k.r. and spongella
I remembered being at my my uncle's place at Elk Point Lake Tahoe NV back in good old day in the early 1980's!:) Boy I can pick up KCRA-TV rf ch 3 and a PBS station can't remember the call letter though.

Anyway, I do used to get the bay areas stations like KTVU, KGO, and many others.:bounce

Ahh, the good old days?:bow

Reactions: k.r. and lost_mesa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)