Sanus Adds HDMI Cables with 180° Pivoting Connector

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe62...f77107571&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe2a16717c6c017d701477

ST. PAUL, Minn.)—Sanus Systems®, the leading global brand of audio/video mounts, furnishings and consumer electronics accessories, has added pivoting HDMI cables to its Sanus Elements™ product offering. The cables are currently available in 2.5, 5 and 10-foot lengths.

Sanus Elements™ ELM402-G1, ELM405-G1 and ELM410-G1 Pivoting HDMI Cables offer an innovation not found on standard HDMI cables—a connector that pivots 180 degrees, making it easy to connect to hard-to-reach ports in tight places and behind TVs mounted on low-profile wall mounts. The connector is less than one inch deep for easy installation and gold plated to optimize signal transfer for the highest quality audio and video. The cables are made from a flexible material that bends easily during installation.

Sanus Elements™ HDMI Cables are designed to meet the highest performance standards in HD image and sound for true color and lossless audio, with 1080p signal quality for higher resolution and up to 120 Hz refresh rates for smooth visual motion. They support 10-bit, 12-bit and 16-bit (RGB or YCbCr) color depths for deep, rich color.

The cables are available for a list price of $29.99 (ELM402-G1), $39.99 (ELM405-G1) and $49.99 (ELM410-G1).

Sanus will be showing the HDMI Cables at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), January 7-10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall Booth #11040.

For more details, visit www.sanus.com or download the product sell sheet.

About Sanus Systems
Sanus Systems®, a division of Milestone AV Technologies, designs and builds fine AV mounts, furniture, stands and accessories. Every Sanus product is engineered to enhance AV systems and the surrounding décor. Today Sanus offers more than 300 home theater units, TV and audio stands, mounts, speaker supports, AV equipment racks and accessories. Sanus products are available at thousands of retail locations worldwide and can be seen at the company's website: www.sanus.com.
Contact Us

Ryan Hagberg
Sanus Systems
ryan.hagberg@milestone.com
651.294.0323 651.294.0323 Gian Hill
MoCo
gian.hill@bigideas.com
612.767.3843 612.767.3843

I was in target last week and they had these only they were made by sony.

Hmmm. I ended up using a flex HDMI extension made by A&R to make my connections on my Samsung LED-LCD set. The dealer was closing the item out and I picked up four for under $20. I used them to connect to my $10 Monoprice cables. The advantage is I can bend the flex cable through 180? which works out on the Sammy (side-mounted HDMI connectors) to keep the cables against the wall. With this cable, the best I could achieve would be coming out perpendicular to the back of the TV.

Really, Samsung should have mounted the HDMI connectors facing towards the center of the TV instead of facing outwards only 5" from the edge. Some HDMI cables can't be bent through that small of a radius.

I only buy the cheap HDMI cables that are about 3/16" in diameter. They all work just fine and can bend quite sharply and never pull out of the connector like the fat ones.

I guess HDMI 1.4 is new standard that is coming out..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts