Sarah Jane Adventures - Series 3

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
BBC - Press Office - Network TV Programme Information BBC Week 41 Thursday 15 October 2009

The Sarah Jane Adventures – Prisoner Of The Judoon:
Part One Ep 1/12

new.gif

Thursday 15 October
4.35-5.00pm BBC ONE
A later episode of Series 3 (The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith on Oct 29 & 30) will have David Tennant guest starring as the Doctor.

Last edited:
The Doctor on Sarah Jane this week

This weeks Sarah Jane Adventures, airing on Oct. 29 & 30, is "The Wedding of Sarah Jane", guest starring David Tennant as the Doctor. He is slated for a full role, as opposed to a cameo appearance.

Incidentally, this is the last Doctor role that Tennant filmed, as this episode was filmed after the Specials airing the next 2 months.

David Tennant on The Sarah Jane Adventures

From what I understand, David Tennant will be on The Sarah Jane Adventures as the Doctor for Sarah Jane's Wedding this week on the BBC. K9 has also apparently returned, but not sure for how long. I don't think Season 2 has aired yet in the US, but Season 3 has already started in the UK.

-Mike

So far first half is pretty good, hoping the second one is good as well. Doctor looks like he may play a large role in the 2nd half.

-Mike

So far first half is pretty good, hoping the second one is good as well. Doctor looks like he may play a large role in the 2nd half.
I really need to catch up on Sarah Jane, so I can watch it.

But considering Sarah Jane isn't too linear, I may skip the others for now and watch this one.

There's really not much continuity between seasons 1, 2, and 3 except for the "occasional" Maria or Brigadier comments which are almost used too much for some odd reason. Season 3 I think is probably a lot less kid like of the three seasons. Not that they are very much adult like TW, but they are a bit darker IMHO.

-Mike

Not bad... Doctor played a good sized role, but did disappear a few times in predictable ways ;) I'm glad it was mentioned this was Tennent's last role as The Doctor, because it did make the ending a bit more meaningful.

-Mike

The Sarah jane Adventures is broadcast Thursday and Friday between 4.35-5pm which is the time that childrens tv takes place on BBC1. It is also simulcast on BBC HD Thursday and Friday and both episodes repeated Saturdays on the CBBC channel. I set up the PVR so that I could watch it later. The Doctor makes his appearance at the end of episode 1 and is to be seen throught the whole of episode 2. This week there are two episodes entitled The Eternity Trap which is set in a haunted house.

Question: Where does this fit into Who continuity? Is this supposed to take place before or after the events of "The End of Time"?

Answer: I'll explain later....

Here is the BBC Website Address for The Sarah Jane Adventures. Hope you can access it in the U.S.

Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/sja/

From there you can also find Links to all of the BBC sites of which there are Loads. I have also put the BBC Dr Who Website address in the Dr Who section. There has been another episode of Sarah Jane Today : 'The Mona Lisa Comes Alive' It concludes tomorrow Friday 13.11.09