Sat 110 not available with DVR 522 [california]

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

azcat

Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Folks,

For some reason, sat 110 is not showing up when I go to check switch screen, only 119, 121, and 148 are showing. I live in the San Francisco area. I beliieve I've had this problem for atleast two months.

All the programming associated with 110 is not displayed in the programming guide. I've searched the forums, and the responses said version 309 of software should fix it. I have DVR 522, and the latest software is L295.

Can anyone shed some light on what the issue is? I hate to spend $49 - 99 bucks for a service call and not have the problem resolved.

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the DVR 522, but I am familiar with the ViP 622, the SuperDish 121, as well as the DP34 and DPP44 switches.

It's not likely problems just show up, so if you have a problem with your dish, it must of just been borderline before, or your LNBF just went out. However, it is possible that the SD-121 can be in alignment for the 121/119 positions and not for the 110 position, especially if you have a very strong signal on those.

I'll assume you have a SuperDish 121 and a DPP44 switch.

Some quick checks are:

To get the latest software, all tuners should be off, but the receiver plugged into an AC power source, may take about 10 - 30 minutes.

With the power supply to the receiver and the power inserter unplugged, run a cable from the 110 LNBF to your receiver, but by-pass your switch, the power inserter, and any separater you may have. Then plug in the receiver and go to the point dish screen and see what you have on 110, you may have to switch transponders to find an active one for your area.
Note: To make sure you have this set up right, you can get do this test with the 119 and/or 121 LNBF's as well.

Also, you can set this up using the 119 straight through to your receiver, power up the receiver, but don't turn it on. Hopefully it will download the latest software within 30 minutes.

There could be more specific requirements for the 522, but maybe someone will answer that.

Let us know what you try.

Fixed the problem

Thanks guys, for your responses.

The reason why Sat 110 is not showing up is because it's not hooked up to the DP34 switch. I have a superdish and a regular dish, too. 119 and 121 are coming from Superdish and 148 is coming from the regular dish. Since DP34 can handle only 3 inputs, sat 110 was left out. This was okay as of 2 months back as there were no channels on 110, but now all locals are on 110.

All I had to was unhook the 148 connection and hook the third connection from Superdish, to the DP34 switch. Then, I ran "check switch" and 110 showed up. Now, I can see all locals.

Thanks for your help.

REgards,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts