Sat 118 transponder 18

Albert Karl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Signal Strngth fluctuates rapidly between zero and 100%. Other transponders on that Sat are working fine. What could be the problem?

100%? 100 on the signal scale? Is it just me or does that seem high for any 118.7 transponder?

I do agree with gokartergo, it is most likely a corroded connection

All the other transponders I use on SAT 118 are working ok. When I had a tech out for a similar problem I suggested that it may be a coax problem and he dismissed the idea. He removed the SAT switch and installed new equip at the dish which now does the switching.
Then the system failed again and I found that the grounding wire had come undone. Fixed that and all orked fine. A new German channel suddenly showed up on my program and it is the only one failing.

All the other transponders I use on SAT 118 are working ok. When I had a tech out for a similar problem I suggested that it may be a coax problem and he dismissed the idea. He removed the SAT switch and installed new equip at the dish which now does the switching.
Then the system failed again and I found that the grounding wire had come undone. Fixed that and all orked fine. A new German channel suddenly showed up on my program and it is the only one failing.

What is the channel number that is having the problem? I'll check to make sure that isn't a known issue. As it has been said already, it sounds like a failing coax cable. If you'd like also PM me your account number and we can go about setting up for a tech to come out.

the channel number is 8945. If Dish is going to charge me $95 again for coming out, then forget it. I'm not on the $6 service contract either because I can fix most things myself.

8945 is not on our known channel issue list so it does sound like it is the cable. With out looking at your account I wouldn't be able to be certain about any cost for a tech.

I pay all bills via electronic bill pay so don't have the acct# at my finger tips.
Coax I can fix myself but the last tech said the coax and all connections were ok.
I'm ready to dump the Dish service and go to PC and antenna TV.
I'm a 10 year customer and if Dish wants to lose me too, fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)