Sat. 119 but no 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kalel90

Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Ok we randomly stopped getting 110 the other day since then we have tried moving the sat every way we could and we could only get it to pick up 119 but today we tried again and got it to pick up 110 west on transponder 1 but then it wouldnt pick up 119 when we checked the signal on 119 it said it was picking up 110 west any ideas on how to fix this?

Last edited:
Sounds like your 110 lnb has gone out and you found 110 with the 119 lnb.

Replace the lnb.

Call Dish.

Well we did change the lnb out with another one but were getting the same problem. Also we have dish 500 so its a twin lnb.

could be a cabling issue that is no longer allowing the receiver to communicate with the dish and change inputs. Do you have more than one receiver? is this problem occurring on all receivers? what are the model numbers of your receivers? Anything else you can tell us about the install?

Ok we randomly stopped getting 110 the other day since then we have tried moving the sat every way we could and we could only get it to pick up 119 but today we tried again and got it to pick up 110 west on transponder 1 but then it wouldnt pick up 119 when we checked the signal on 119 it said it was picking up 110 west any ideas on how to fix this?

what kind of mount is your dish on? any chance that something happened to it? lawn mower hit? rain storm? mast pulling out of the roof?

it needs to be secure and PLUMB before you can aim it.

I've got the same problem and Dish is sending a tech on Tuesday. I went for 8 years on Dish without a single problem. Upgraded to HD 10 months ago and a tech had to return 3 weeks later because of loose LNB. Then when warranty expired, I lost 61.5 and had to pay for repeaking. Now 110 is gone and I'll have to pay for this visit too. Is this a revenue generating scheme?

I've got the same problem and Dish is sending a tech on Tuesday. I went for 8 years on Dish without a single problem. Upgraded to HD 10 months ago and a tech had to return 3 weeks later because of loose LNB. Then when warranty expired, I lost 61.5 and had to pay for repeaking. Now 110 is gone and I'll have to pay for this visit too. Is this a revenue generating scheme?

sounds like my mercury..........always something.

you make it all sound exclusive to Dishnetwork. LOL!

I think they are moving 110 out of position so they can set Echo-star 11 in it's position. It's to take place in the next few weeks, or at least by end of August.

I think they are moving 110 out of position so they can set Echo-star 11 in it's position. It's to take place in the next few weeks, or at least by end of August.
110 would not have to "move out of position" for echostar XI. There are already 2 sats in the 110 location. The clark belt is 22,300 miles away. Two satellites could be over a mile apart from each other and still be within 1/100th of a degree from our point of view on earth.

110 would not have to "move out of position" for echostar XI. There are already 2 sats in the 110 location. The clark belt is 22,300 miles away. Two satellites could be over a mile apart from each other and still be within 1/100th of a degree from our point of view on earth.

actually the sats at 110 are "hundreds" of miles apart in orbit im thinkin. 22000 miles is a looooooong way (relatively :p).

Ok i checked the switch when i installed the new lnb and it just said it picked up fewer sat. than before which is what it said before i changed it out.
The problem is on both receivers.
Our main receiver right now is the 510 (altho there sending us a 621 to replace it because for some reason they think its the receiver even thought both recievers have the problem.) our second reciever is about 15 years old and i have no clue what model number it is.

I lost 110 the other day too on all 3 receivers. Seems like a few of us have the same problem.

Last edited:
If you still are missing the 110 after replacing the lnb, you have eliminated the lnb as the problem.
You say it is on both receivers, so that reduces the chance that it is a wiring issue greatly. Also that fact pretty much nullifies any chance of it being a receiver problem.

Any chance it is a Line Of Site problem? Got any trees going up in the way?

Ok i checked the switch when i installed the new lnb and it just said it picked up fewer sat. than before which is what it said before i changed it out.
The problem is on both receivers.
Our main receiver right now is the 510 (altho there sending us a 621 to replace it because for some reason they think its the receiver even thought both recievers have the problem.) our second reciever is about 15 years old and i have no clue what model number it is.

Another System Info yesterday revealed I now have 110 again, but both 110 and 119 are in yellow. Details reveal that I've lost sats a few times. Hopefully the tech will get it fixed Tuesday. I'll have him check the 61.5 peak also. 110/119 was repeaked a few months ago when I lost 61.5, so not sure what is going on. No trees blocking the dish. 4x4 post is buried 3 feet with pyramid of concrete. It seems solid.

There are no trees or anything in the way and apparently they cant fix our sat. for another 2 weeks lol its already been a good 3 weeks aaaah i love dishnetwork....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)