sat 119 Tp8 dead ??

JPointerWI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Milwaukee, WI
I was watching Discovery on channel 182 and lost all video around 1:25am cst. I tried changing channels and noticed a few channels were all black too (183,113,114,116). Now at about 2am it appears the transponder has totally lost all signal. Anyone else notice this ??

btw, I confirmed this on 2 different receivers connected to different switches on different dishes (got a old 2800 in the shop on a legacy d500).

Last edited:
same here

Well, just got home from work and I noticed I wasn't getting any signal. Called up Dish and I've been on the phone for over half an hour and still haven't got to talk to anyone. I have the 522 I believe and this is crazy! As if it weren't bad enough when they did that crazy update that messed everything up for almost two months..... http://www.satelliteguys.us/images/smilies/mad.gif
:mad:

J

update:

According to the tech rep I spoke with they are having issues with several channels such as hbo and others.... They hope to have this fixed asap but likely not until later this morning. And according to the rep even though they are having issues with only a few channels it is still preventing me from watching any at all.

Last edited:
They had several channels listed as "off air" on the EPG for that time frame. This means this was a SCHEDULED event. As usual the CSRs are the last to know ANYTHING!

The channels I noticed in the EPG as "off air" were HBO Latino, Showtime Showcase, TMC West, TMC Extra West, VH1 Classic, Discovery Home, The Military Channel,
Sleuth, Encore Action, XCESS (492), FRESH (499) and RFDTV

See ya
Tony

"They had several channels listed as "off air" on the EPG for that time frame."

Does anybody know what is going on? This is not the first night that channels show OFF Air. They must be doing something to the TPs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)