Sat 121, transponder 32

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I just re-aimed a 1 meter Telstar-5 dish to 121 so that the customer could get German programming from DISH now that Globe Cast has discontinued similar services.

Transponders 1-31 measured 90 to 125. Transponder 32 measured zero. Any reason for that? FWIW, obtaining the guide info was as slow as sin. This is a 2800 receiver that is ONLY connected to 121.

AntAltMike said:
I just re-aimed a 1 meter Telstar-5 dish to 121 so that the customer could get German programming from DISH now that Globe Cast has discontinued similar services.

Transponders 1-31 measured 90 to 125. Transponder 32 measured zero. Any reason for that? FWIW, obtaining the guide info was as slow as sin. This is a 2800 receiver that is ONLY connected to 121.

I've been trying to single my dish into 121 all day using 3 diff types of lnb's FSS and DBS, mind if I ask what elev, Scew, and asmith you used?

None. I have a spectrum analyzer. I found just two satellites in that region of the sky that have full, even loads of of Ku digital transponders and peaked it on the western-most one.

As you may realize, the best way for you might be to install a DBS LNB, peak on 119, and then change LNBs and nudge the dish two degrees to the right.

I am on the East coast, so my skew is probably around 40 degrees, but that is just a guess, and the elevation would be a fraction of a degree lower for me at 121 than at 119 but that elevation difference is so small that it need not be addressed until I had already locked onto the 121 satellite and was then peaking it. Where are you located?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts