Sat 121, transponder 32

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I just re-aimed a 1 meter Telstar-5 dish to 121 so that the customer could get German programming from DISH now that Globe Cast has discontinued similar services.

Transponders 1-31 measured 90 to 125. Transponder 32 measured zero. Any reason for that? FWIW, obtaining the guide info was as slow as sin. This is a 2800 receiver that is ONLY connected to 121.

AntAltMike said:
I just re-aimed a 1 meter Telstar-5 dish to 121 so that the customer could get German programming from DISH now that Globe Cast has discontinued similar services.

Transponders 1-31 measured 90 to 125. Transponder 32 measured zero. Any reason for that? FWIW, obtaining the guide info was as slow as sin. This is a 2800 receiver that is ONLY connected to 121.

I've been trying to single my dish into 121 all day using 3 diff types of lnb's FSS and DBS, mind if I ask what elev, Scew, and asmith you used?

None. I have a spectrum analyzer. I found just two satellites in that region of the sky that have full, even loads of of Ku digital transponders and peaked it on the western-most one.

As you may realize, the best way for you might be to install a DBS LNB, peak on 119, and then change LNBs and nudge the dish two degrees to the right.

I am on the East coast, so my skew is probably around 40 degrees, but that is just a guess, and the elevation would be a fraction of a degree lower for me at 121 than at 119 but that elevation difference is so small that it need not be addressed until I had already locked onto the 121 satellite and was then peaking it. Where are you located?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts