Dish network sat

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
Is there anyone who would aim a sat for free? My grandpa wants dish network without paying monthly, so in order to get the box to do ota it needs a sat but I don’t know how to aim the sat, is there a company that will aim the dish for free or for under 100$ in the Shreveport la area? Or a installer that lives in the area ?

Is there anyone who would aim a sat for free? My grandpa wants dish network without paying monthly, so in order to get the box to do ota it needs a sat but I don’t know how to aim the sat, is there a company that will aim the dish for free or for under 100$ in the Shreveport la area? Or a installer that lives in the area ?
Wait, your grandfather wants to steal content and you need to find someone to help him do that?

That is just as bad as password sharing, when people do those things, that is one of the reasons why everyone that does pay bills are so high.

Wait, your grandfather wants to steal content and you need to find someone to help him do that?

That is just as bad as password sharing, when people do those things, that is why everyone’s else bills are so high.

I think he just wants to use the STB as an OTA tuner/DVR. I believe they're now still active even if service has been cancelled.

No, with dish as long as you have a receiver that supports the ota adapter, it will work with local channles but no dish chs but the sat is required for the receiver to get guide data to tune to the ota chs. If you're wondering why my grandpa insists on this it’s because he is 77 and all he knows is dish network. Most people don’t know but as long as you have a deactivated receiver an sat and a ota adapter, the receiver will still work with locals with the ota adapter and you would still be able to record etc…..

No, with dish as long as you have a receiver that supports the ota adapter, it will work with local channles but no dish chs but the sat is required for the receiver to get guide data to tune to the ota chs. If you're wondering why my grandpa insists on this it’s because he is 77 and all he knows is dish network. Most people don’t know but as long as you have a deactivated receiver an sat and a ota adapter, the receiver will still work with locals with the ota adapter and you would still be able to record etc…..
I would if I lived closer. But best bet is try to catch a tech at a gas station or something and ask them.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That is not what you wrote first-
My grandpa wants dish network without paying monthly,
By the way, a lot of extra work you can avoid if you convince him to just use the OTA on a TV.

I do not know how old the TV is he wants to use, but the modern ones all have guides like Cable/Satellites Providers do.

And so what if he is 77, my step father is 75 and streams everything, he just gave up on Comcast finally a year ago.

That is not what you wrote first-

By the way, a lot of extra work you can avoid if you convince him to just use the OTA on a TV.

I do not know how old the TV is he wants to use, but the modern ones all have guides like Cable/Satellites Providers do.

And so what if he is 77, my step father is 75 and streams everything, he just gave up on Comcast finally a year ago.
For 1 he dose not want internet, 2 he is useing a Samsung plasma tv from 2005, and 3 he only wants dish network receivers so that would be a hopper duo for recording and the rest of his boxes will either be 211k or 211z

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts