Sat 129 help

slicked25

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Arkansas
Got the HD hooked up a couple of months ago but have been experiencing Sat 129 problems ever since. It's raining here at the moment but 110 and 119 are fine and even on a nice sunny day at best with 129 the signal will be around 28-32. I've got a dish 1000 and some dude told me to get a 1000.2 and I want have anymore 129 problems. I've called Dish and the same guy has been here 3 times on other unreleated problems but may have to call him back. I've gone up on the roof about 10 times trying to adjust with a compass and I do have a couple of large tree limbs in the line of sight but have never had any problems with getting a signal thru Dish until I upgraded to HD. The azimuth, skew and elev is spot on but I can't get it any better than 32.

Need new dish

Got the HD hooked up a couple of months ago but have been experiencing Sat 129 problems ever since. It's raining here at the moment but 110 and 119 are fine and even on a nice sunny day at best with 129 the signal will be around 28-32. I've got a dish 1000 and some dude told me to get a 1000.2 and I want have anymore 129 problems. I've called Dish and the same guy has been here 3 times on other unreleated problems but may have to call him back. I've gone up on the roof about 10 times trying to adjust with a compass and I do have a couple of large tree limbs in the line of sight but have never had any problems with getting a signal thru Dish until I upgraded to HD. The azimuth, skew and elev is spot on but I can't get it any better than 32.
You either need the 100.2 or go to 2nd dish for 129. 129 is a weak bird.

I may try to raise the elevation up just a little to see if it helps when is quits raining. Sat 129 works ok it just flickers in and out (acquiring signal) every now and then regardless if it's raining or not but obviously more so when it is raining.

24" From SC at 129W - Good Results

slicked,

Elevation for 129 is significantly lower than 110 and 119, which may play a role especially if ou have large tree branches in the line of site vicinity.

129W's weaker TPs are probably compounding the problem.

I find it unlikely that a 1000.2 dish will help your situation. I'd setup a larger dish, a 24" dedicated to 129W will likely solve your low signal issues due to obstacles in line of sight. A 24" dish will provide approx 75% better performance than a 18" dish (Dish1000 equivalent for each wing position installed LNB).

I have one 24" installed here in SC pointing at 129W thru some brush and I am extremely happy with its performance.

Good luck with your decision and resolution.