Sat 129 questions

tenby

Original poster
Jan 15, 2009
chicago
Have been having problems with 129 and hear that it will be switched out soon. Anyone have any ifo on when this will happen?

The new satellite should be operational by February (probably just before the Chat or Forum so they can crow about it). So, in a matter of weeks, 129 should not have the problems it does today and many might see a signal strength point increase and greater reliability and less rain fade. Hang in there.

When satellite 129 is swapped out, will there be a disruption in service? Will the satellite be in the same location? We have had to cut down so many trees lately to get our signals, I don't want to have to cut down more. Just discovered Dish finally has Cincinnati local channels in HD. (Of course Dish didn't let me know this, had to find it out on my own.) So Friday they are coming out to install the additional dish to get the locals off of satellite 77. Hope things work out ok since the installing company called us today because they didn't understand the work order. Maybe no one knows Cincinnati has local channels in HD yet! :eek:

EA

When satellite 129 is swapped out, will there be a disruption in service? Will the satellite be in the same location? We have had to cut down so many trees lately to get our signals, I don't want to have to cut down more. Just discovered Dish finally has Cincinnati local channels in HD. (Of course Dish didn't let me know this, had to find it out on my own.) So Friday they are coming out to install the additional dish to get the locals off of satellite 77. Hope things work out ok since the installing company called us today because they didn't understand the work order. Maybe no one knows Cincinnati has local channels in HD yet! :eek:

Sounds like you will be on Eastern Arc very soon & no need for 129.

Sounds like you will be on Eastern Arc very soon & no need for 129.

I wish. The line of sight for the Eastern arc has no trees in the way. The installers say they are coming to ADD a Dish 500 in order to get our locals on HD. I called Dish and they tell me we are getting a new 20" dish, the Dish 1000.2. I don't think anyone knows what is going on at this point. I requested the Dish 1000.4. She said the tech can make the decision. I only hope this is true. I have the necessary equipment and the new purple smart card so there SHOULD be no problems getting the Dish 1000.4. Other than the fact that I am not a new customer! Only been with DN 12 years!

Dish usually waits until the wee hours to switch satellites, and the vast majority of subs never notice that channels had been switched to a new satellite (or even when switching to a new transponder). However, if you are awake at night you might notice for a very brief moment the screen go black and the error message saying it has lost acquisition of the satellite, but then a few seconds later the video and audio appear. Strange blips like this can sometimes tip you off that Dish is moving things around. But, again, the impact is almost 0, and the vast majority experience no interruption of service at all, while they are watching TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts