sat 61.5 issue

thak

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
NJ
Hi i have a 722 with HD package. only dish that is connected is 61.5. everything works well except for channels on transponder 32. check switch gets the right setup. in the point dish screen i have signal strength of 60 on trans 14 but just 30 on trans 32....i assume this low signal is causing my issue...as i have already changed LNBs and double checked the wiring....

i guess my question is, if it is indeed the low signal that is causing my issue...what is the best way to correct it? just tune to trans 32 and start moving the dish??

any help is always appreciated.

Yes, on the point dish screen make sure you are viewing 32 and loosen the dish bolt just enough to slightly move the dish. It should be close to 50, check to make sure you didn't cause another transponder to go that low, once satisfied every used transponder is ok, tighten the dish bolts.

TP29 has the best signal strength. TP32 is 14 points lower than TP29 on mine, using a 1000.4 dish. Not all TP's are created equal, as 29 and 32 are both CONUS. I think protocol is to peak on TP29.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)